Go Down

Topic: Some basic HELP PLEASE! I'm getting crazy! (Read 369 times) previous topic - next topic

ProStreet1

Trying to build a variable speed motor control. 12v dc. (Automobile power window motor.)
Purchased a HiLetgo 12V-40V 10A PWM DC Motor Speed Controller CVT Speed Switch Module.
It worked for a while, then it said SNAP, then quit working.
I saw a video of a guy that made his own controller. ( Now I can't find it. )
Luckily I did sketch the layout I think he made. Enclosed. ( I hope! )
I have been beating my head against the wall. Searching for the parts he recommends.
I'm looking for some CTC 1351 transistors WITH heat sinks that fits the unit on a breadboard.
Also a 250K variable resistor.
I am a complete moron when it comes to electronics.
If some kind person could help find me the components that I'm looking for, I would be forever grateful.
I am on kind of a limited budget, I don't think I can afford one of the high price, heavy duty controllers.
Also if I fry it I believe it would be fairly to swap out a new transistor.
I'm also am open to any suggestions for another way.
But PLEASE REMEMBER I need details, again I am a electronics moron.
Thank You all in advanced.
Jerome

Wawa

The CTC 1351 is a NPN transistor, and the picture uploaded indicates linear regulation (bad/hot).
Forget about that transistor. You need a mosfet and PWM.

Motor stall current probably was higher than the driver could handle.
If you don't want to use an Arduino, then try a larger controller.
Leo..

larryd

I have used those motors in projects, but only in an on/off configuration.

Using PWM and a MOSFET transistor, as mentioned, should work fine.

Something similar to Q3 or Q4:

No technical PMs.
If you are asked a question, please respond with an answer.
If you are asked for more information, please supply it.
If you need clarification, ask for help.

6v6gt

Do you want the motor also to be reversible ? If so, you also need to look at an H-Bridge or a controller which incorporates one.

I guess if your existing controller is similar to this https://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-12V-40V-10A-Pulse-Width-Modulation-PWM-DC-Motor-Speed-Control-Switch-Governor-p-47735.html, it will have a fuse and replacing this might at least temporarily solve your problem. 

Go Up