Go Down

Topic: Switching between boards (Read 653 times) previous topic - next topic

MoonBeam

Hello,

I am pretty new to the Arduino, so please forgive me if I am making a silly mistake somewhere.

I have been using the Uno board for a bit, and recently got a Duemilanove. When I connected the board and tried to upload a program, I got a COMS error. I got this error after I switched the board in the Tools > Board menu of the IDE and restarted the IDE.

I know the documentation says that if there are any issues like this to check the Serial Port option on the Tools menu. But it is constantly greyed out.

I don't know how to resolve this issue ...I initially thought you may have to download new software for the new board, but it seems you should just have to select the new board form the Tools menu.

I also checked about for any information on how to sort this issue out, but I can't really find anything, so any advice would be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Seán
Ná bac le mac an bhacaigh is ní bhacfaidh mac an bhacaigh leat.

retrolefty

The Uno and the Duemilanove use different USB PC software drivers. Review the installation instructions and be sure you have installed the FTDI drivers that the Duemilanove requires.

Lefty

MoonBeam

Hey,

Thanks a lot!! That got it sorted!

Seán
Ná bac le mac an bhacaigh is ní bhacfaidh mac an bhacaigh leat.

Go Up