Go Down

Topic: How can I download an areas measurements to robot  (Read 109 times) previous topic - next topic

Dallasstoney

Jun 17, 2019, 12:17 am Last Edit: Jun 17, 2019, 12:24 am by Dallasstoney
I own a power washing company and I am trying to build a manless power washer. The first order of business is to be able map the area then program the machine/robot to follow predetermined path I set for it. How can I do this?

There is an app called camtoplan pro which will map an area out, but how would I transfer that information to be used in real time?

I am in the beginning stages so I am really just looking to program point A to B, but not based on sensors or beacon.

MorganS

Does the app output data? Or does it just work like an electronic tape measure?

The machine-vision problem to identify the areas on a vehicle to be washed are quite extreme. There's probably some research out there for something to match a dirty truck to a clean truck and spray until the two images match acceptably well.

I tried to do this for a coal mine many years ago, before Arduino. They were working with trucks so big that the amount of dirt on the outside of the truck could be as much as 20 tonnes. Yes, we weighed them before and after washing. At the time, there was no economic solution better than having the drivers wash the trucks.
"The problem is in the code you didn't post."

Dallasstoney

I should clarify this is for flatwork only mostly parking garages, sidewalks, and commercial building flatwork in general.

MorganS

"The problem is in the code you didn't post."

zwieblum

Robin2

There is an app called camtoplan pro which will map an area out, but how would I transfer that information to be used in real time?
The simple answer to that question is "using a wired or a wireless connection"

And because the answer is so simple I suspect that that is not the real question.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

hammy

Car wash without brushes?

I think what you propose is very complex and I can't see an Arduino doing much in it .

Go Up