Go Down

Topic: Safely match a wireless microphone system's voltage input (Read 178 times) previous topic - next topic

nicotep

As the title says : I want to send my PWM output to an audio wireless system. Its datasheet says as following :

Max input signal level   1v Rms (2.8v P-p)

So, It means I need to bias my PWM to -2.5/+2.5v and then lower it (with a potentiometer maybe) ?
Or a RC filter ?

slipstick

Or just use a voltage divider to reduce the voltage and connect it via a series capacitor. Or if the datasheet also say that the input is capacitively coupled (which many are) then they've already fitted the capacitor for you.

Steve

MarkT

As the title says : I want to send my PWM output to an audio wireless system. Its datasheet says as following :

Max input signal level   1v Rms (2.8v P-p)

So, It means I need to bias my PWM to -2.5/+2.5v and then lower it (with a potentiometer maybe) ?
Or a RC filter ?

Rather than turn this into a guessing game, please link to the datasheet / product page of the system in question.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

wolframore

Best way to do this is using a transformer for audio... since you're just sending PWM the quality might not matter and using a resistor divider should work... you can probably also use a 2.8V zener like these:

https://www.mouser.com/Semiconductors/Discrete-Semiconductors/Diodes-Rectifiers/Zener-Diodes/_/N-ax1mh?P=1yuq68z
Bad boys rate our young girls but Violet goes willingly :)
- this is a mnemonic from BEC

Go Up