Go Down

Topic: PDUINO - simultaneous analog input and digital output problems (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

evaekblad

Hello!

I'm trying to get pduino working in a setup where I have Arduino reading an analog input and also controlling a relay on the digital output. I have tried the StandardFirmata sketch for Arduino but it doesn't seem to be able to read the analog input with this sketch (it controls the digital output no problem with this however). When I use the AllInputsFirmata instead, it reads the analog inputs just fine but I'm getting no response on the digital outputs.

Is there perhaps something where you can't use analog inputs and digital outputs at the same time? Could I be doing something else wrong? I've tried all the other Firmata sketches that come with Pduino (out of desperation!) but with no success. Any help greatly appreciated!

Robin2

You need to tell us what PDuino is. A quick glance at its website was not enlightening.

And also post your Arduino program.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

evaekblad

So sorry  :)

Pduino is an Arduino object for Pure Data which uses Firmata firmware, a protocol for communicating with microcontrollers (such as Arduino) from software on a host computer) . So that one can get data into Pure Data from the Arduino, and send data to it, over the serial port.

I've attached the two Firmata sketches I mentioned before.

Robin2

Sorry for being thick. Is PDuino a piece of software that runs on a PC or is it a type of Arduino board?

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

evaekblad

You weren't being thick! I maybe just didn't explain it properly. PDuino is a name for a system which uses an external/object and patches in Pure Data (a visual programming language that's a bit like MaxMsp) that can communicate with Arduino when Arduino is plugged in via usb. The other half of Pduino is a series of sketches (and dependent libraries) which are uploaded to the Arduino to allow it to do this (two of which I attached to the earlier message). It's a bit weird that it doesn't seem to be able to read and write to the Arduino, which made me wonder if it's a glitch or if I'm doing something stupid. Perhaps I underestimated the amount of people still using Pduino in 2019!

Robin2

Thanks for the clarification.

I have never used Firmata (I'm not even sure what it does) so I guess I can't help.

...R

Grumpy_Mike

I have never used pduino but I have used PD. Can you post an image of your PD test code using this?

Go Up