Go Down

Topic: Connection problem between L298N and DC MINI MOTOR N20-12V (Read 947 times) previous topic - next topic

RobsonOliveira56785

Hello!
I'm building a robot line follower and I'm facing the following issue: only one of the motors is working - specifically, the one on the right side. I thought that it could be the L298N motor driver, since the motor by itself is working if I connect it directly to the battery, but I already used two different motor driver and the same side wouldn't work. I don't know what else to do.

Doing some research I found that there could be a drop of voltage when I connect the motor in the L298N. However, I still find very weird that only the motor on the right side of the L298N stopped working.

Components:

- 2 Mini DC motors N20-12V
- 12V battery
- 1 L298N

slipstick

It sounds like there's perhaps a problem with the wiring or maybe the code you're using to drive things. Unfortunately I can't see either of them and your Fritzy diagram is useless because that shows you have a useless little 9V battery and most of the components aren't marked at all.

Steve

TomGeorge

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html . Then look down to item #7 about how to post your code.
It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?
Not a Fritzy picture, draw your diagram from your project, label pins and power supplies please?

Thanks.. Tom.. :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Go Up