Go Down

Topic: wich buck converter for electric wheelchair (Read 226 times) previous topic - next topic

ardulover

Jun 20, 2019, 06:59 am Last Edit: Jun 20, 2019, 07:29 am by ardulover
hi, i have a 48 v(13s) lithium battery(54,6 v real full charge)
I have a quickie 6000z electric wheelchair from invacare. those are desinged to be used with two 12v batt

I would like to know wich buck converter i need to buy or any gadget that will do the job.

148V to __?
2how many amps range is needed for the chair?
3 does the output of a down buck converter will always be the same  or it will lower as batt discharges just as a regular battery? it is important cause i not sure the wheelchair would still work at 23volt for example.

anyone can clarifiy this for me thx
tx 

mauried

Its not possible to answer without knowing a lot more about the wheelchair and the type of motors it uses.
The important numbers are the maximum current the wheelchair draws when starting and how much current it uses when going up hills on full power.
A buck converter will work , but you will need a big one.

Paul_KD7HB

Its not possible to answer without knowing a lot more about the wheelchair and the type of motors it uses.
The important numbers are the maximum current the wheelchair draws when starting and how much current it uses when going up hills on full power.
A buck converter will work , but you will need a big one.

The ones we use as part of a truck-trailer system use many amps and are more expensive than you buying the correct batteries for your project. They are also heat sinked to the trailer steel frame.

Paul

MarkT

Large high power 48V to 24V converter will not be cheap, choose the right battery is by far the best approach here...
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Go Up