Go Down

Topic: ARMv5TE arm processor? (Read 215 times) previous topic - next topic

josephchrzempiec

Hello i was wondering if anyone has done anything with the ARMv5TE arm based processor before? I would like to use this but Not sure if anyone has done anything with it.

Joseph

westfw

AFIACT, that's just an ARM "Architecture" version.  Do you have a particular chip in mind?
It looks like more of a microprocessor device rather than a microcontroller (ie external memory, maybe linux, and so on.)  And pretty old.  (Cortex M0 is ARMv6m, CM3/4 is ARMv7m...)

gilshultz

It is an older version of the ARM core processors. it was first launched October 15, 1998. Consider a later one as the code should be upward compatible in both source and binary formats.
This response is to help you get started in solving your problem, not solve it for you.
Good Luck & Have Fun!
Gil

josephchrzempiec

Hello thank you all for the rely back. The reason i was asking is because i have a Pogoplug device that has this processor. I was curious if arduino had added something in there for this processor.

Joseph

westfw

Nah; pogoplugs will run real-ish linux, and lack the digital and analog pins of Arduino-like systems.
They're more like a Raspberry Pi.   There is info out there about hacking them.  For example: https://hackaday.com/2017/04/24/pogoplug-hacking-a-step-by-step-guide-to-owning-the-device/

josephchrzempiec

Hello Westfw thank you. I'm not a linux person at all. But i have a few of these devices and are no longer working because the company is out of business. I had them in the closet for over 2 years now. I just only recently bring them out and look up some information on them and found out that they are arm processors. I didn't see when they are made it's just that they are arm processors and sense Arduino been working with arm processors now. I was curious if anyone was doing anything with that processor and arduino.

Joseph

Go Up