Go Down

Topic: PORTB problem (Read 485 times) previous topic - next topic

AWOL

What a bunch of misinformation.
I prefer "alternative reality'
"Pete, it's a fool (who) looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.
I speak for myself, not Arduino.

Grumpy_Mike

I'm tired to point all the nonsense.
Yes he has "previous" on this sort of thing.

GolamMostafa

It requires courage and hard labor to present information by defying disinformation.

Whandall

Much less so spreading it, it seems.
Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't previously aware of. (D.Adams)

GolamMostafa

Much less so spreading it, it seems.
The path to the acquisition of knowledge begins with ignorance, doubt, and fallacy.

AWOL

Jun 25, 2019, 12:23 pm Last Edit: Jun 25, 2019, 12:23 pm by AWOL
This is like teaching someone how to drive a petrol car, by describing a refinery's catalytic cracker.
"Pete, it's a fool (who) looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.
I speak for myself, not Arduino.

Whandall

This is like teaching someone how to drive, by describing a refinery's catalytic cracker.
..and getting half of that description wrong.
Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't previously aware of. (D.Adams)

GolamMostafa

..and getting half of that description wrong.
At least, the other half is not incorrect?

PaulS

The path to the acquisition of knowledge begins with ignorance, doubt, and fallacy.
Well, you're off to a good start.
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

PaulS

At least, the other half is not incorrect?
Ah, but which half is which?
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

GolamMostafa

Jun 25, 2019, 12:38 pm Last Edit: Jun 25, 2019, 12:39 pm by GolamMostafa
Well, you're off to a good start.
A sound comment from a reader.

Robin2

I'm tired to point all the nonsense.
I agree 100%

IMHO there are just too many situations in which @GolamMostafa derails another person's Thread with his own attempts to learn or to provide an unnecessarily detailed expose of something simple. I particularly like the analogy with the oil refinery in Reply #20.

I find these interventions particularly irritating if the Thread owner is a newbie who may find it difficult to distinguish fact from fiction.

On at least one occasion I have suggested to @GolamMostafa to start his own Thread if there is a question he wishes to pursue with (if appropriate) a link to the item that prompted his curiosity. Unfortunately he seems to prefer to intrude into other people's Threads.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Grumpy_Mike

Robin2

Irony totally missed.
Especially considering the author of Reply #23   :)

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up