Go Down

Topic: Nano every missing drivers (Read 4739 times) previous topic - next topic

1dot8TWM

I cant seem to find drivers for my new Nano every, i tried fresh installs of IDE 1.8.9 and Beta 1.9.0, but i cant seem to get it to install the drivers for Nano every (it just doesn't have it) and i also cant find any drivers for it through google. 

pert

Did you install Arduino megaAVR Boards?

1dot8TWM

Did you install Arduino megaAVR Boards?
Yes i did, i successfully see Arduino nano every in my boards in the Arduino IDE. 

the Arduino nano every is recognized by my PC, it shows up as such in my device manager. but it has a yellow exclamation mark and windows says it cannot find drivers for it.  i have attempted to remove the drivers and automatically install them again, and it did not work.

i have tried to manually look for drivers in the Arduino 1.8.9 drivers directory (ive cheeked every INF File), i have also checked the 1.9.0 drivers directory.

pert

OK, I was hoping that might magically make it work. Arduino megaAVR Boards comes with its own drivers:
https://github.com/arduino/ArduinoCore-megaavr/tree/master/drivers
but I also noticed that the .inf file doesn't have anything for the Nano Every and I couldn't find anything for it anywhere else.

Unfortunately, I don't have one of these boards yet so I don't have any experience getting the drivers working.

1dot8TWM

OK, I was hoping that might magically make it work. Arduino megaAVR Boards comes with its own drivers:
but I also noticed that the .inf file doesn't have anything for the Nano Every and I couldn't find anything for it anywhere else.

Unfortunately, I don't have one of these boards yet so I don't have any experience getting the drivers working.
The INF file in those drivers you linked had only 1 thing labeled as mEDBG Virtual com port and it worked.

I am now having issues using the MCUFRIEND_kbv library for my LCD, but i'm guessing this issue belongs in a different section of the forum?  or could it be tied to the nano v3--> nano every transition because the pins are not identical?

pert

The INF file in those drivers you linked had only 1 thing labeled as mEDBG Virtual com port and it worked.
That's great! I'm very glad to hear you got the drivers situation resolved.

I am now having issues using the MCUFRIEND_kbv library for my LCD, but i'm guessing this issue belongs in a different section of the forum?  or could it be tied to the nano v3--> nano every transition because the pins are not identical?
I think you should start a new thread for the new problem, since it's unrelated to the "Nano every missing drivers" title of this thread. That will ensure that you get the help of the people knowledgeable on the subject. I'll be sure to take a look at it.

1dot8TWM

That's great! I'm very glad to hear you got the drivers situation resolved.
I think you should start a new thread for the new problem, since it's unrelated to the "Nano every missing drivers" title of this thread. That will ensure that you get the help of the people knowledgeable on the subject. I'll be sure to take a look at it.
I made a new thread for the issue with my display as you suggested.

Thanks for the help.

PaoloP

--> https://github.com/arduino/ArduinoCore-megaavr/commit/e2b3d6db73ae32e144068e20e6fea21ab04b99d5
You can copy the new files or wait for the new core revision.

ballscrewbob

@PaoloP

The revision was pushed already Please see this thread

Bob.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

PaoloP

No. Nano 33 use a different package: Arduino SAMD Boards.
Nano Every usa Arduino megaAVR Boards package.
"Arduino SAMD Boards" package is at version 1.8.3 while "Arduino megaAVR Boards" package is at version 1.8.2.

Janhgm

Dec 08, 2019, 11:42 pm Last Edit: Dec 09, 2019, 01:16 am by Janhgm
I bought a Nano Every a few months ago but I can not do anything with that board due to issues with the driver.

Arduino megaAVR Boards extension is installed
Other boards with Atmel of ESP works fine (UART: FTDI, Atmel, CH340, 2104).
I'm using a Windows 7 system.

Although there are regular updates the Every is still a useless board for me as long as the driver is not working as it should.
Any ideas how to get this board Every board operational (and keeping Win-7) are welcome.

Driver details (USB View) can be found below:

Device Descriptor:
bcdUSB:             0x0110
bDeviceClass:         0x02
bDeviceSubClass:      0x00
bDeviceProtocol:      0x00
bMaxPacketSize0:      0x40 (64)
idVendor:           0x2341
idProduct:          0x0058
bcdDevice:          0x0100
iManufacturer:        0x01
0x0409: "Arduino LLC"
iProduct:             0x02
0x0409: "Arduino Nano Every"
iSerialNumber:        0x03
0x0409: "0F33E328514D355936202020FF053C1D"
bNumConfigurations:   0x01

ConnectionStatus: DeviceConnected
Current Config Value: 0x00
Device Bus Speed:     Full
Device Address:       0x04
Open Pipes:              0

===  Shorted long listing dump here ===

ballscrewbob

@Janhgm

You passed this topic on your way to posting your issue.

Did that not help at all.

All the USB information is a little overkill.

More important are factors such as user level in win 7?, additional security being used ?, IDE version ?,

Bob.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Janhgm

@ballscrewbob,

Dear Bob,

Thans for the quick reply.

I agree, a lot of overhead in the USB View list dump but it shows there is a driver for Nana Evey installed.
On the page you mentioned I only see three broken image links.

My environment for development is:
Win-7 - All rights (Admin)
IDE : 
 - Arduino 1.8.10,  AVR Boards 1.8.2,  MegaAVR Boards 1.8.5
 - Sloeber
 - PlatformIO

Most of the work is done with Sloeber and PIO
Arduinio IDE is mainly used to verify that an issue is not related to Sloeber or PIO.

Jan

pert

I bought a Nano Every a few months ago but I can not do anything with that board due to issues with the driver.
Please provide a detailed description of what the issues are.

pert

@ballscrewbob the reason why those images are broken for @Janhgm is because you have them attached to a topic in the Community > test board, which is not publicly accessible:
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=647944
Since we have access to that board, the images show up fine when we view the "Install the board cores and drivers" topic, but for a regular user or someone not logged in they are broken.

Go Up