Go Down

Topic: Need some coding help (Read 337 times) previous topic - next topic

wvmarle

I think sometimes people get stuck because they fail to realize a computer is utterly stupid
LOL so true. I recall a question not so long ago which was something like "why doesn't it switch off the LED after I release the button? I only tell it to switch on the LED when the button is pressed, so it should go off when not!"
Answer: "you never told the Arduino to switch off the LED, only to switch it on".

Indeed, you have to spell out everything for a computer, explicitly. They only do what you tell them to do, nothing more and nothing less.

The concept for this assignment is indeed a quite straightforward finite state machine. The trigger for cycling through the states is time (using the millis() timer); every state is doing something specific with your LED.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

Alexpaine

I think sometimes people get stuck because they fail to realize a computer is utterly stupid - which means that a program must describe every little thing at a level of detail which would never be necessary with another human.

...R

You're very right I do know that computers are stupid and I feel just about as dumb as they are I'm putting my nose to the grindstone and going to see if I can find someone to help me

Alexpaine

Wondering if someone out there would be so kind to write the code for me

wvmarle

Such requests would normally go to the "gigs & collaborations" section, and have a price tag attached. Though not likely you'll find someone willing to do your school assignments for you.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

Alexpaine

Such requests would normally go to the "gigs & collaborations" section, and have a price tag attached. Though not likely you'll find someone willing to do your school assignments for you.
I kind of wish it was a school project because then I would have a teacher to show me how to do this
I'll put an ad in the gig section to see if I can find somebody thank you for the info.

Go Up