Go Down

Topic: Centrifuge machine - Motor + driver (Read 422 times) previous topic - next topic

rpmon

Jun 29, 2019, 11:52 am Last Edit: Jun 29, 2019, 11:52 am by rpmon
Hi all.
I'm doing a project for the school, I want to make a centrifuge machine, the problem is that there is a huge variety of engines and controllers in the market. I need to reach about 900-1200RPM. What engine and dirver do you recommend?
Any suggestions will be appreciated,

Thanks and regards

slipstick

Impossible to even attempt a guess without knowing at least the size and fully loaded weight of your "centrifuge machine".

Steve

zwieblum

groundFungus

Jun 29, 2019, 08:53 pm Last Edit: Jun 29, 2019, 08:53 pm by groundFungus
Measure or calculate the torque required to accelerate the load to speed and maintain the speed.  Choose a motor in accordance with the required torque and RPM.  Determine the stall current of the motor (from the motor data sheet).   Choose a driver that can handle the motor stall current.  For a centrifuge, the motor only needs to rotate in one direction so a logic level MOSFET (with flydack diode) would be a simple driver.

Slumpert

I'd go for a 10kW electic motor.
Running 210 or 220 volts? Haha.

Amazing the questions a vague project leads too.  For all we know your going to spin a washer drum at 1200rpm since you didn't explicitly state exactly what is going to spin.

johnerrington

Not so silly. You will need a drum and decent bearings that will take an eccentric load. I'd suggest you cannibalise a washing machine with a spin setting.  Finding a motor that will spin fast to make a small centrifuge useful you could think about a vacuum cleaner motor.
I'm trying to help. If I find your question interesting I'll give you karma. If you find my input useful please give me karma (I need it)

Go Up