Go Down

Topic: Cant connect to esp8266 using uno r3 (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

michaelb33

Yea I did try that as well with the same result.
The guy I bought it off has very generously offered to send me an esp-01s with an adaptor module for free. He says it's a lot easier to use an ESP this way without using the AT commands and just upload a blink sketch to test it's working.

Thanks for all your help Juraj

sdingman

michaelb33, I have been following your thread and have read all of these postings because I have a similar problem. I'm wondering if you have found a resolution to this ESP8266-01 conundrum or if you have found any other resources to help you get to the root of what is happening with this thing. My problem is subtly different in that I can get an OK back, when I send AT, but many other AT commands return an error. Stephen

michaelb33

Hi Stephen,
No I didnt have any luck.
As I said in my above post I got an esp01s and usb adapter and they work fine. I think uploading code to the esp is better than using AT commands. All the esp8266 examples codes are working for me. Now I just need to combine the codes to get it to do what I want...

Cheers

sdingman

Go Up