Go Down

Topic: Industrial Electrician looking to expand into instrumentation via Adruino (Read 369 times) previous topic - next topic

Jservices

I am an industrial electrician apprentice.  I have been told by instrumentation techs that adruino is a solid option to learn the basics before attending college.

I have no experience building digital electronic systems.  Which kit should I start with and what higher level kits should I move onto afterwards?  Should I complete the basic kit then move onto the engineering kit?

What home study path would you recommend for an amateur trying to gain expertise in systems similar to instrumentation?

GolamMostafa

I am an industrial electrician apprentice.  I have been told by instrumentation techs that adruino is a solid option to learn the basics before attending college.

I have no experience building digital electronic systems.  Which kit should I start with and what higher level kits should I move onto afterwards?  Should I complete the basic kit then move onto the engineering kit?

What home study path would you recommend for an amateur trying to gain expertise in systems similar to instrumentation?
Please, give an specific example of an industrial instrumentation such as measuring temperature, pressure and humidity and then show them on a single 4-digit 7-segment display unit one after another at 3-sec interval and record them on SD Card against time stamp at 1-hr interval. If this is your instrumentation, then you need:

1.  Arduino UNO

2.  BME280

3.  MAX7219 based 4xcc-type 7-segment diaply unit

4.  DS3231 RTC

5.  SD Card

Go Up