Go Down

Topic: [SOLVED] s8050 transistor vs BC547 transistor (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

TheRealdps

Jul 07, 2019, 06:50 pm Last Edit: Sep 02, 2019, 06:49 pm by TheRealdps
Hello all, I'm currently trying to build a simple motion detector with a small alarm buzzer, namely the HC-SR501 module. A project that im currently following along with states that he/she is using a BC547 transistor... but i dont have one of these. Is it feasible to use something else? I currently have a few PN2222 and S8050 transistors, and was wondering if I could just use one of those instead.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
   dps

jremington

Jul 07, 2019, 07:35 pm Last Edit: Jul 08, 2019, 03:14 am by jremington
Very likely either of those will be a better choice that the BC547. As a glance at the device data sheets will show, both substitutes can handle much higher collector currents than the BC547 (100 mA maximum).  If the transistor is to control the buzzer, it must be able to handle the buzzer current.

When attempting to build projects posted on the web, keep in mind that many project posters have no idea what they are doing, and do not present good or safe designs, and some can even damage your Arduino. Shop around.

Instructables is particularly bad, because the official policy does not allow critical comments.

Paul__B

Instructables is particularly bad, because the official policy does not allow critical comments.
Unlike here.  :smiley-cool:

TheRealdps

Watcher

Good to know!

Go Up