Go Down

Topic: Wireless power transmission (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Paul__B

What you describe there is exactly how the tubes operate in their normal configuration; in this case the actual current - and so the brightness - is very small (and painless) but the voltage is so high that the gas can be ionised ionized ionised without the cathodes hot.
Sorry, I actually speak English.  :smiley-cool:

raschemmel

Jul 11, 2019, 03:38 pm Last Edit: Jul 11, 2019, 04:02 pm by raschemmel
Present Tense

That's wierd, present tense is spelled with a "z".

Who decided it wasn't good enough for the PAST tense ?

Ionization or ionisation, is the process by which an atom or a molecule acquires a negative or positive charge by gaining or losing electrons, often in conjunction with other chemical changes.
Looks like either spelling is accepted.

My bad.

herbschwarz

It depends on which dialect of the English
language you use!

raschemmel

It depends on which dialect of the English
language you use!
How many dialects of English are there ?

I thought there was only the U.K. (the original) and the U.S.A (derivative).

Paul__B

Exactly.  The UK "original" uses "s", the American uses "zee".

raschemmel

Jul 11, 2019, 04:44 pm Last Edit: Jul 11, 2019, 04:45 pm by raschemmel
Sorry, I'm an American...

Sorry, I actually speak the King's English

herbschwarz

I do not know about other places, but
in the U.S.A., the letter 'z' is used much
more that it is in the U.K.

raschemmel

Jul 11, 2019, 05:03 pm Last Edit: Jul 11, 2019, 05:08 pm by raschemmel
Could it be  because we watched "Zorro" when we were kids ?

tjones9163

There is no vonnection so you can't reallty call them Option-1 and Option-2 because wifi and bluetooth are not charging technologies.
They ar DATA TRANSMISSION technologies and proximity charging is NOT a data transmission technolgy. In short , they should NEVER share the the same paragrapgh. Talk about one and then wait a day before bringing up the other one.
Thank you for the response, i was just confused because (Mauried) told me that there is no difference.

raschemmel

That's odd .

I thought everyone on the forum was always correct...

Paul__B

Sorry, I'm an American...
Sorry, I actually speak the King's English
We are not amused.

tjones9163

That's odd .

I thought everyone on the forum was always correct...
I was posting the question to see the (difference) between the two. If you say that they have nothing related then could you explain why, please? and is my comment #10 correct the way i explained it?
Thanks

raschemmel

I already explained it.
One is procimity charging technology with absolutely nothing to do wgh data transmisdion
whilewifi & bluetooth are exclusively data transmission with nothing to do with charging.
Why isthat so hard to understand ?

raschemmel

"We are not amused..."

The classic "Royal" "We" ...

MarkT

Exactly.  The UK "original" uses "s", the American uses "zee".
You clearly don't have the Oxford English Dictionary then!  These are greek endings
and z is logically correct.  The OED recommends -IZE, but recognizes that -ISE is commonly used
in British English.

And its pronouned -IZE of course, not that pronounciation is a good guide in English anyway!

The complication is some -ISE only verbs like advise, promise, excise, see https://www.lexico.com/en/grammar/ize-ise-or-yse
[ I DO NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them unread, use the forum please ]

Go Up