Go Down

Topic: What happened to LOGIN? Takes two attempts (Read 601 times) previous topic - next topic

lastchancename

Jul 13, 2019, 10:17 am Last Edit: Jul 13, 2019, 10:17 am by lastchancename
What happened to LOGIN?
Win10/Chrome and IOS/Chrome takes two attempts before the topic list is refreshed with updated status...

Seems to have started about 7-10 days ago
Experienced responders have a nose for laziness, (they were beginners once)... Sure, there are trolls, chest-beaters, and pretenders - but the help you'll get here is about as good as it gets - if you try to help youself!.

ballscrewbob

I had that for a couple of days a little over a week ago.
Turned out to be a a new API I think.

Allowed it in SCRIPTSAFE extension and not seen it since.

Maybe its a browser extension or security feature you have enabled ?

Bob.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

lastchancename

The only addin I have on both - is pop-up ad blocker...
I'll see what happens.
Thx
Experienced responders have a nose for laziness, (they were beginners once)... Sure, there are trolls, chest-beaters, and pretenders - but the help you'll get here is about as good as it gets - if you try to help youself!.

Coding Badly

Win10/Chrome and IOS/Chrome takes two attempts...
The first login works.  The document returned does not match your status as logged-in.  Just navigate and the next document will be correct.

The problem appears to be a side-effect of introducing Cloudflare.

ballscrewbob

You might want to allow "consent.trustarc.com" as that is what caused my issue with the double login.
No idea why but worked here.

Bob.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

lastchancename

Jul 14, 2019, 11:51 pm Last Edit: Jul 14, 2019, 11:52 pm by lastchancename
Since starting this thread, I disabled ad-blocker against this site - and appears that may have solved the recent problem...
Perhaps there's something in the login sequence / auth code that triggers the ad blocker?

ballscrewbob

Go into the settings for your ad blocker and see what it was balking at.
Chances are it will be less than 2 items and one of them you will want to allow.

Bob.

Go Up