Go Down

Topic: How to run 4 coreless dc motors in Arduino using proper MOSFET  (Read 833 times) previous topic - next topic

Uddipta_64

Will the drone at least fly with those irf540n mosfet .because they are n channel

slipstick

I don't know. You'll have to test it. Are you planning on using a DC-DC converter to get 5V to the Arduino? Or are you hoping it will run from the battery direct, so on only 3.7V-ish?

Steve

Uddipta_64

I am trying to run it with battery directly.The thing is that the circuit works but since I used a half used 9v radio battery so the motor speed was too low.I have ordered of lipo 2800 mah battery.

slipstick

If you're running it from a single cell 3.7V 2800 mAh lipo then the signal voltage to the MOSFETs will be no higher than 3.7V. That may not even be enough to switch the MOSFETs on fully. And that battery will likely be heavier that a small drone can lift.

You're not giving yourself much chance of getting a drone flying. Most very small drones use batteries around 240-300mAh and lightweight surface mount MOSFETs.

Steve

Uddipta_64

Am I not to use the MOSFET with low threshold voltage. It has threshold voltage of 2 v

slipstick

Learn to read specifications...an individual IRF540 may have a threshold voltage of anywhere between 2V and 4V. And as we already told you the threshold voltage is the point at which it just starting to conduct NOT the voltage at which it is fully switched on. It's a fairly useless figure to look at when you want to use the device in switched mode.

But you seem determined to ignore any advice that you're given so I won't bother trying any more. Good luck, I think you're going to need it. 

Steve

Uddipta_64

OK so tell me the numerical of logic level MOSFET because the electronic shops near by don't sell anything without perfect numerical. So just give me that information.  :(

jremington

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10213
FQP30N06L or RFP30N06LE 

There are thousands of other suitable types.

No PM's please.

Uddipta_64

Man I really screwed up.The shops in my city don't sell these types of MOSFET and I don't have so much time to order them online I just have little time so please if there is any way to run the drone with the MOSFET I have then I would be really saved. :'(  :'(  :'(

slipstick

Have actually tested them to see if they will work at all? That's the only thing you can do.

They're definitely not the correct thing to use but they just MIGHT sort of work well enough to get something running.

Steve

Uddipta_64

The thing is that I have tested them with a 9v radio transistor battery.It runs but at a low speed. I haven't tested them with lipo batteries.

slipstick

We can't do your testing for you so I guess you're on your own. Let us know how it goes.

Steve

Uddipta_64

Hey slip after some research in this forum I found that we can make planes with coreless motor. Would you suggest me to make that with uno.I found it would also not require any MOSFET.

Oh I would like to control it with Bluetooth

vinceherman

I found that we can make planes with coreless motor.
make planes with coreless motor
nope.  I do not understand what you are trying to say.
Can you try it again with a better description?

Oh I would like to control it with Bluetooth
You can buy BT hardware and experiment with this independently of the motor control issue you are working on.

slipstick

Hey slip after some research in this forum I found that we can make planes with coreless motor. Would you suggest me to make that with uno.I found it would also not require any MOSFET.
So post a link to this research you've done that shows you how to run an 800mA coreless motor without any MOSFET or other transistor. I'd say that isn't possible but maybe you now know more than me.

Steve

Go Up