Go Down

Topic: How to run 4 coreless dc motors in Arduino using proper MOSFET  (Read 816 times) previous topic - next topic

Uddipta_64

slipstick

Do you know what 1C means? Do you know the capacity of the Lipo? Do you know how much current you need? Then you can work the answer out yourself. I can't because I don't have all that information.

Steve

Uddipta_64

Listen I dont know very much about electronics because I study in class 8 and this is first (arduino)project.And now I have a change of plan .Will the power MOSFET generate more current than I/o pins of arduino (more than 40ma).

slipstick

Fair enough, we can't know everything. For example I don't know what "study in class 8" means.

But you listen! If you provide details about what your current plan is, exactly what components you're trying to use for it and how far you've got with it then we can almost certainly help and we'll be happy to try.

But personally I'm not prepared to teach you the whole of electronics by answering a random set of unrelated, poorly thought through questions, particularly when you don't even bother answering most of the questions that we ask you to clarify what you want to know.

For your latest - a power MOSFET doesn't "generate" any current. But a MOSFET can control much higher currents than 40mA, how much depends on what MOSFET it is.

Over to you for some project details.

Steve

Uddipta_64

First of all class 8 means i am studying in 8th standard in a school.Its not that I dont know electronics at all but I dont know much about MOSFETS, but at least i know to make some electronic gadgets. .And yes since I dont have any other option than using Power Mosfet so i thought to make an obstacle avoiding Robot as I cant use  Power Mosfet for drone.
So the thing is I have arduino,coreless motor and power mosfet and (though I am not sure)I dont think moving on the ground will require so much force than it is needed to defeat gravity.So can I use IRF540n for that purpose, powered with 500maH lipo battery.

Note(I am not using big motors because i am making a very small bot)

And Sorry for changing the topic from Drones to a crawling bot.After this project i will surely try to make a mini drone with Logic mosfet (when i will have time t order them).

Thank you :)  :)  :)  :)

slipstick

You have a set of components. So write a simple program just to check if your IRF540 MOSFETs will successfully run your motors from your battery. 

If they all work together then you can make something with them. Unfortunately those motors run far too fast to be used to drive the wheels on a bot without some gearing. Perhaps you could do something more interesting like making a bot driven by a propeller or two (Google "airboats" then add wheels). That's if the combination does work.

Steve

Go Up