Go Down

Topic: Arduino MKR (Read 429 times) previous topic - next topic

Vlasko

I have been learning how to use Arduino MKR GSM 1400, and have been playing around with both the create.arduino.cc and the Arduino IDE.

I managed to get a DHT22 sensor working on the MKR, but today when I went to continue working on the project the MKR is no longer recognised by create.arduino.cc or Arduino IDE.

I have not installed an update on my Mac (as far as I am aware) I don't think I have changed anything. I have tried using two different cables, both of which worked yesterday, and have restarted Arduino IDE and my computer a few times.

I am still getting a green on light on the MKR, and a blinking orange one when I first start the MKR. I may have left the MKR plugged into my computer all night last night, not sure if that would have caused an issue.

System Details;
MacBook Pro (late 2013) running Mojave 10.14.5 (18F132)

Vlasko

Turns out, double-clicking RST did the job.

pert

Thanks for taking the time to post an update Vlasko. I'm glad to hear you found a solution. Since the USB code runs on the same microcontroller as your sketch, some sketches can cause the USB to stop working (e.g., ones that put the microcontroller to sleep). When you do the double-click reset trick, it causes the board to stay permanently running in the bootloader, so the problematic sketch code can't run. If you upload some non-problematic sketch after that, you should be able to go back to uploading normally without the reset double click.

Go Up