Go Down

Topic: I am looking for a developer for project (Read 629 times) previous topic - next topic

peterPam

As I say in the title I would like to find someone who can make my project come true.

It's about reading a QR code or a bar code and sending it via wifi (via sockets or any method that allows  to receive the code on a Windows PC) to a PC.
The communication between the Arduino and the PC must be in both directions. That is, the Arduino device must send the code to the PC and also be able to receive data from the PC.
A PC must be able to connect arduinos without quantity limit, although 100 may be an acceptable limit.
The WiFi range must be at least 50 meters, and there may be walls between the Arduino and the PC.

The Arduino device must also be able to reproduce sound and turn on and off 6 leds and have a button to turn off the LEDs.

It must work with a rechargeable battery that lasts a minimum of 8 hours.
It should be as small as possible.
It should be as cheap as possible.

If someone is interested, please, contact me.
Thank you in advance and greetings.

wvmarle

Do you have any device in mind that can read the QR code and communicate with an Arduino?

That is, the Arduino device must send the code to the PC and also be able to receive data from the PC.
In response to an incoming request or also initiated by the PC?

The WiFi range must be at least 50 meters, and there may be walls between the Arduino and the PC.
How do you plan on circumventing the laws of physics?

What's your budget for the development stage?
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

zwieblum

Jul 19, 2019, 08:56 am Last Edit: Jul 19, 2019, 08:57 am by zwieblum
Arduino with enough horsepower + Camera + XX WiFi + Converter + enclosing ~ 100 bucks. You'll have to assemble the unit on your own. Software for PC + Arduino ... well, what's your budget?

peterPam

Jul 19, 2019, 09:56 am Last Edit: Jul 19, 2019, 12:23 pm by peterPam
@wvmarle
I don't have devices in mind. Accept all kind of suggestions.

The connection will be initated by the Arduino once he read the code. After this the connection will be opened until the button on the device is clicked. in this meatime, arduino will receive some commands in order to power on the lights and/or play sounds.

About physics, i plan do the same work as my laptop does with walls and wifi signal.

About budget, please, make me know your offer.

Thanks and regards

@zwieblum
About budget, please, make me know your offer.

Thanks and regards

cedarlakeinstruments

1. Read QR/barcode (what symbology?)
2. Transmit barcode data to PC
2.5 Create communication protocol
3. Receive some unknown data from PC
4. Process data from PC and turn LEDs on or off with override switch
5. Playback audio. Q: how is the audio loaded onto the Arduino?
6. Uniquely identify all the units so PC knows which ones it can control
7. Power management: rechargeable battery powered with 8 hours battery life

I'm going to stop here because we're already past $2,500 and there's probably a non-arduino solution that already exists.

As I say in the title I would like to find someone who can make my project come true.

It's about reading a QR code or a bar code and sending it via wifi (via sockets or any method that allows  to receive the code on a Windows PC) to a PC.
The communication between the Arduino and the PC must be in both directions. That is, the Arduino device must send the code to the PC and also be able to receive data from the PC.
A PC must be able to connect arduinos without quantity limit, although 100 may be an acceptable limit.

The Arduino device must also be able to reproduce sound and turn on and off 6 leds and have a button to turn off the LEDs.

It must work with a rechargeable battery that lasts a minimum of 8 hours.

If someone is interested, please, contact me.
Thank you in advance and greetings.
Electronics and firmware/software design and assistance. No project too small

wvmarle

About physics, i plan do the same work as my laptop does with walls and wifi signal.
50m with walls in the way - are you sure you're still connected to the same hotspot? With my laptop I'm happy to do 50m OR two walls, my home needing two routers for 700 ft2 and two floors. That's why I think that this requirement is simply unrealistic.

Not possible to give budget due to far too ambiguous specifications. No info on the actual QR code. The data involved. The database lookup. The data to be sent back in return. The "sound to be reproduced" (pre-recorded? streaming? what volume? quality?).
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

zwieblum

Depending on your location "wall" can mean anything from paker+bamboo over staw and plywood to iron enforced concreet or steel :)

PaulMurrayCbr

You say it's supposed to "receive data from the PC". What is it actually supposed to do? I mean: "Hey! Here's some data!" "Cool! I have received your data!" Doesn't really describe what's going on, you know?
http://paulmurraycbr.github.io/ArduinoTheOOWay.html

Hiddenvision

Go Up