Go Down

Topic: Geeetech voice recognition module stuck (Read 504 times) previous topic - next topic

Lisunov

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my voice recognition module. I am a beginner, so i watched a tutorial about it. Here is the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur1tzMDP97g
My hardware is the same as in the tutorial. Everything works fine until i send the command (aa11) to start the record. The module responds with START but stucks in a cycle (START START START) and not responds to any other command until i turn it off and turn it on again. Otherwise except of the start recording  commands it works well with the others. Please help :smiley-confuse:

Lisunov

Adrian_the_Canadian

Lisunov,
I am experiencing exactly the same issue. The software version is 1.0 and appears to respond to all commands - reset, change baud rate, delete groups, compact/common modes etc. but fails to record voice on any of the three groups. I have tried several microphones but it gets stuck in the same START START... loop each time. It requires a power-cycle to recover.
Did you get any more information about this problem??

BillyB

I am having the exact same problem.  I've tried bypassing the 3.5mm jack, which didn't work.

BillyB

I took a look at the documentation, and saw the following:

Send: 0xaa11
Receive (in Common Mode):
START
No voice // I did not make any sound. So it replied such message
START
Speak now
Again
START

I used a different microphone, but it never stopped the START loop.  So I ran that microphone through a preamp and boosted it slowly from 0 to 20 decibels while saying verbal commands.  Even totally tweaked out, the chip read nothing.

TechAaron

I am having the same issue; serial just returns "start" every 1.3 seconds, did anyone get anywhere with this?

werner_24

Hi
Have the exactly same problem as TechAaron (serial just returns "start" every 1.3 seconds). Has anyone come up yet with a fix for that? Thanks
P.S. Pls see also the following thread , where TechAaron posted a detailed explanation of the problem.
https://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&p=101411&sid=506ea6f4d93e45afbfc335dd64a1b838

Go Up