Go Down

Topic: Arduino Nano IoT33 not connecting after welding (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

ancaonuta

Hey! I have an (original) Arduino Nano IoT33 and I have connected to my Mac. I could connect it. But when I tried to upload a sketch, I got an error:
"avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding"
I had the right board & port selected.

I thought is because I need to weld the pins. So I did.
But now the USB port is not recognised anymore. And the yellow light doesn't flicker any more.

Any idea what could have happened? The welding is very clean. I have attached an image.

pert

Hey! I have an (original) Arduino Nano IoT33 and I have connected to my Mac. I could connect it. But when I tried to upload a sketch, I got an error:
"avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding"
I had the right board & port selected.
This is because you have the wrong board selected. The Nano 33 IoT is different from the Arduino/Genuino Nano. You need to do this:
  • Tools > Board > Boards Manager
  • Wait for the download to finish.
  • From the list of available packages, click on "Arduino SAMD Boards".
  • Click the "Install" button.
  • Wait for the installation to finish.
  • Click the "Close" button.
  • Tools > Board > Arduino Nano 33 IoT

The welding is very clean. I have attached an image.
@ancaonuta's image (cropped):

That is not the correct way to solder. You won't get a reliable connection on any of those pins. You are just putting blobs of solder on the ends of the pins. You need to make a solid mechanical and electrical connection between the metal plating around the holes on the Nano 33 IoT and the pins. If you are not trolling, then you need to spend a bunch of time watching soldering videos on YouTube until you understand how to do it correctly. Make sure you understand the meaning of the term "solder fillet" and how a good fillet should look.

Go Up