Go Down

Topic: induction motor speed variator (Read 482 times) previous topic - next topic

Nordin

I need to vary the speed of a 230v induction motor

Paul_KD7HB

I need to vary the speed of a 230v induction motor
If you are sure it's an induction motor, then you already know it is designed for the frequency on the name plate. Otherwise be prepared for failure.

Paul

Nordin

Jul 28, 2019, 08:05 pm Last Edit: Jul 28, 2019, 08:34 pm by Nordin
honestly I'm not so sure because I saw that he had the condenser on the neuto and I thought it was induction. this engine had its own centarina that regulates the speed but it is broken and I wanted to do one myself

Paul_KD7HB

honestly I'm not so sure because I saw that he had the condenser on the neuto and I thought it was induction. this engine had its own centarina that regulates the speed but it is broken and I wanted to do one myself
The small motor current and small capacitor indicate a "split phase" motor. Google will let you learn how that type of motor works.

Paul

jackrae

The motor appears to be a fan-drive motor.  If so, and you want to control the amount of air flowing, you might  have more success by building a small servo-motor operated damper flap to restrict the air stream.

MarkT

Can we see inside the broken controller?

As this is a fan motor the speed control will be a narrow range and may be accomplished in various different ways which is why the controller is key.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Go Up