Go Down

Topic: avr-g++ not optimized (Read 119 times) previous topic - next topic

h00etn

Hello,

Newbie here...

I have trouble uploading to my MKS Gen L (Arduino(Genuino Mega or Mega 2560). More than 75% of the tries I get, stk500v errors and content mismatches.

I'm using OSX 10.14.6 on a MacBookPro and Arduino IDE 1.8.9. I have my libraries updated in Arduino.

I recently also get the message from OSX "avr-g++ not optimized and need to be updated". Does that has anything to do with my problems and how/what can I do?

I have tried to search around this forum, but I'm both not that familiar with all technical stuff and did not find an answer - so forgive me if the solution is already in here somewhere...

pert

I recently also get the message from OSX "avr-g++ not optimized and need to be updated". Does that has anything to do with my problems and how/what can I do?
I'm not familiar with that warning and I suspect you paraphrased or translated it. My guess is this is the warning macOS Mojave displays when you run 32 bit applications. This is because macOS Catalina drops support for 32 bit applications. However, 32 bit applications work just fine in Mojave and Arduino is already prepared to release the 64 bit versions before Catalina is publicly released. So you can ignore this warning and it has absolutely nothing to do with your upload problem. It's just a red herring.

Go Up