Go Down

Topic: This Impressive community (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

mitch_79

Nov 18, 2009, 03:49 am Last Edit: Nov 18, 2009, 03:50 am by mitch_79 Reason: 1
I just want to say, that in the short time I've been here already I'm impressed with the maturity and friendliness of this community.  I have yet to encounter an open-membership online community that has been as courteous, professional, and helpful as this one.  I can only hope to contribute enough back over time to account for what I've taken away from this group.

Thanks to all,

-Mitch

Tchnclfl

I agree, and would like to add my thanks to Mitch_CA's as I have been here for a short amount of time too.  I love how everyone here has the patience for me and my obvious questions :P.  Thanks everyone :).

mowcius

tweakd

Nov 18, 2009, 09:54 am Last Edit: Nov 18, 2009, 09:54 am by tweakd Reason: 1
I agree 100 percent, this place is by far the most relaxed forum i have ever been on.

My only complaint is the 20 thread limit on the favorites folder.

westfw

Yes; I agree that this is a particularly sociable community, though I'm not sure exactly why.  It seems to have a good mix of people who ask innocently naive question, and people who are willing to answer such.  Plus a fair number to take the discussion off in directions interesting to both parties (and others.)

mowcius

Is there? That is annoying...

Mowcius

jezuz

Plus a fair number to take the discussion off in directions interesting to both parties (and others.)

Not to do exactly that, but....

You could always just bookmark it in your browser

tweakd

You could always just bookmark it in your browser

I realize this but im just used forum software like vb with thread subscriptions, keeping me from cluttering up my bookmarks with every little thing i think i may need to check back to someday.

Im not really trying to complain here just saying that i was a little bummed when i filled up my folder so quickly :P

TBAr

The "Notify of replies" feature is a useful replacement for the "Favorite folder" feature.

mowcius

I have to admit that I have no threads in my favourites but about 100 in my 'notify of repies' folder

madworm

Nov 22, 2009, 01:40 pm Last Edit: Nov 22, 2009, 01:42 pm by madworm Reason: 1
When I click on my 'notification' thingy, the forum throws an error... and guess which one it is:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

So I presume that there are more than just 100 posts on my list. I am doomed, doomed...

mowcius

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

F****d up server...

Mowcius

Go Up