Go Down

Topic: Pan & tilt remotely (Read 129 times) previous topic - next topic

micron

Hi
I need a decent tutorial on the Pan & Tilt setup with Arduino & Raspberry Pi.

I've just bought one of those plastic Pan and Tilt kits from China (£1) and found a couple of decent videos on YouTube showing me how to put it together and connect it to the Arduino and Breadboard to control it via a Joystick.

Now I want to learn how to connect it to the Arduino and Raspberry Pi so I can sit in my armchair in front of my computer screen and control the camera from there instead of being underneath the Pan & Tilt rig in the pouring rain.

Obviously, the whole point of a Pan & Tilt rig is to do it remotely and having got all the bits and pieces beforehand (well I'll have to wait for the plastic Pan & Tilt kit to arrive safely from China)

But I need a really thorough tutorial that doesn't leave anything out as this is a new project for me as I'm not that hot on electronics. Some of the videos on YouTube seem to skip small bits here and in the hope that everybody knows what to do next. Not all of us do so its crucial to have a really detailed tutorial to get it right first time round.

Anyway thanks for any help here in advance.

Michael
(micron)

Michael

zwieblum

well first you connet the wires thaqt come in the small blister with the wires in the black blister and now you plug it into your compuer and are done.

Hnestly, do you think anybody knows what you bought when you do not show what you got? And do you think anybody knows what you want to know when you say help me with anything?

raschemmel

Vendor link ?
Schematic ?
Documentation ?
Arduino UNOs, Pro-Minis, ATMega328, ATtiny85, LCDs, MCP4162, keypads,<br />DS18B20s,74c922,nRF24L01, RS232, SD card, RC fixed wing, quadcopter

SteveMann

It's an interesting project that I thought of building a year ago.  I am getting too old to stand behind a camera on a tripod for two or three hours and the idea of sitting at a table with a camera on remote control sounds great.

You don't say what camera or what servo motors the pan/tilt kit includes, but you may be disappointed with the weight limits of the pan/tilt kit.

Delta_G

well first you connet the wires thaqt come in the small blister with the wires in the black blister and now you plug it into your compuer and are done.

Hnestly, do you think anybody knows what you bought when you do not show what you got? And do you think anybody knows what you want to know when you say help me with anything?
Not only that, but OP expects someone to write out a full tutorial just special for his project with absolutely nothing left out even though he only gave us a vague description to start with.  OP obviously wants this all done for him and doesn't appear to want to put in any effort learning to code or anything.  Just give me everything all wrapped up nice and neat and don't leave anything out so all I have to do is follow the instructions. 

It sounds to me like OP needs to pull out his wallet and head over to the Gigs section of the forum. 
|| | ||| | || | ||  ~Woodstock

Please do not PM with technical questions or comments.  Keep Arduino stuff out on the boards where it belongs.

raschemmel

Just give me everything all wrapped up nice and neat and don't leave anything out so all I have to do is follow the instructions.   
Did he give you the due date for his homework  assignment ?
Arduino UNOs, Pro-Minis, ATMega328, ATtiny85, LCDs, MCP4162, keypads,<br />DS18B20s,74c922,nRF24L01, RS232, SD card, RC fixed wing, quadcopter

srnet

But I need a really thorough tutorial that doesn't leave anything out as this is a new project for me as I'm not that hot on electronics. Some of the videos on YouTube seem to skip small bits here and in the hope that everybody knows what to do next. Not all of us do so its crucial to have a really detailed tutorial to get it right first time round.
I am not at at all convinced that its 'crucial' that each possible Arduino project, using cheap stuff from China, should have an idiot proof tutorial so that people with little experience of electronics can make a complete working project.

Detailed tutorials require a great deal of time and effort to produce and maintain.

If you cannot find a tutorial for your project, then perhaps go to the 'Gigs and Collaborations' forum, make your request and indicate how much you might be prepared to pay.
http://www.50dollarsat.info/
http://www.loratracker.uk/

Go Up