Go Down

Topic: Two ESCs One Battery Issues (Read 118 times) previous topic - next topic

jbarth200

Hi,

I am currently stumped on an issue, I have tested both ESCs and motors independently and both work fine. When I try to run two ESCs and motors at once, one motor will work as expected, the other motor will jitter and not run as it should. Components, code, and wiring below.

ESCs: Hobbypower ESC-30A
Motors: A2212
Battery: Zeee 6000mAh 7.4V

Code: [Select]
    #include <Servo.h>
    Servo ESC;     // create servo object to control the ESC
    Servo ESC2;
    int potValue;  // value from the analog pin
    void setup() {
      ESC.attach(11,1000,2300); // (pin, min pulse width, max pulse width in microseconds)
      ESC2.attach(9,1000,2300); // (pin, min pulse width, max pulse width in microseconds)
      Serial.begin(9600);
    }
    void loop() {
      potValue = analogRead(A0);   // reads the value of the potentiometer (value between 0 and 1023)
      potValue = map(potValue, 0, 1023, 0, 180);   // scale it to use it with the servo library (value between 0 and 180)
      ESC.write(potValue - 140);    // Send the signal to the ESC
      ESC2.write(potValue - 140);
      Serial.println(potValue);
    }

I have all + connections from the ESCs going to + from the battery connected (In parallel), I have all ground from battery to ESCs connected. I have ground from the 3pin control cable from the ESC going to the Ardunio on both ESCs, control going to pin 9, and 11. Working on a schematic now but having trouble finding an ESC part in the library on Fritzing. The ESCs do not beep like they're having voltage or current issues so I'm not sure why both do not spin.

Thanks

slipstick

It sounds like not enough power but the battery should be more than adequate.

So either the battery is not fully charged or, more likely, the wiring is bad somewhere. Can you post a picture showing all your wiring and how everything is connected?

BTW why are you mapping potvalue to 0-180 and then subtracting 140 from it when you write to the ESC. Writing values of -140 to 40 seems very odd since most them will do absolutely nothing.

Steve

Go Up