Go Down

Topic: Nano RX/TX Leds (Read 177 times) previous topic - next topic

Vinnie_90

Hi Guys,

I was looking at the schematic for the Arduino Nano board. In particular at the section of the LEDs connected to the RX and TX lines of the serial line. I don't understand why in the Nano the LEDs are connected to the CBUS0 and CBUS1 port of the FT232 IC, while for example in the UNO the LEDS are connected directly to the line.

In the FT232 datasheet the CBUS ports are described as "Configurable CBUS I/O Pin. Function of this pin is configured in the device internal EEPROM. Factory default configuration is TXLED#"

I tried the Nano configuration but the LEDs, do not work.

Thanks for the help :D

raschemmel

I'm not sure why this matters. You must know how to drive an led so what's the big deal ?
Just add two leds. Done.

Vinnie_90

Ahahah just curiosity. Also in principle you are loading the line with some resistance and capacitance that's why I was trying to look into that

raschemmel

Also in principle you are loading the line with some resistance and capacitance
Oh RUBBISH ! The resistance and capacitance added are negligible and if you were anal about that you could just use a transistor to drive the led.

Vinnie_90

ahahah alright alright! I guess it's always better to keep stuff easy :D

Paul__B

I don't understand why in the Nano the LEDs are connected to the CBUS0 and CBUS1 port of the FT232 IC, while for example in the UNO the LEDS are connected directly to the line.
Directly to what "line"?  :smiley-eek:

In both cases, the LEDs connect to auxiliary outputs on the USB to serial interface chip.  No difference.

Nano     UNO

Go Up