Go Down

Topic: MyoWare EMG Sensor fails to display muscle activity (Read 147 times) previous topic - next topic

Zpawulska

I have just started testing with a new Myoware EMG sensor, however the signal output does not change with muscle activity, instead it stays steady at around 674/675 (Reading analog values at 3.3V). I have also tried using the 5V input, which gives the same result except a higher value.

Please see attached screenshot (Serial Plotter) for the code and serial plot, the code is the basic AnalogRead example.

I am using a basic circuit, connecting only the Myoware to an Arduino Uno, powered via laptop with the mains disconnected. I have attached a photo of the setup (Circuit Img), but in case it is not clear the connections are as follows:

MYOWARE  ARDUINO
+       ->    3.3V
-        ->    GND
SIG    ->    A0

I have also attached an image of the soldering (Solder Img), which is not the most elegant but I don't think this should be an issue - please let me know if I'm wrong.

Any suggestions or guidance would be most appreciated. As it is such a basic circuit and my implementation is no different from the many examples I have found online, I'm wondering if it may be an issue with the sensor itself.

Thank you.

AdvancerTechnologies

SOLVED - Their issue turned out to be a poor solder connection to one of the wires they soldered to the sensor. The sensor wasn't getting power as indicated by neither of the LEDs on the sensor turning on.

Go Up