Go Down

Topic: Nano 3.3 IOT won't communicate with Mac via Bluetooth: a set up problem? (Read 188 times) previous topic - next topic

timalexander

I have a Nano 33 IOT and it communicates very nicely with the Arduino IDE 1.8.9 on a new Mac laptop (OS 10.14.6) via USB.   Board is set to Arduino Nano 33 IOT ( the relevant SAMD  version 1.8.3 installed via Boards Manager) and with USB cable plugged into board and computer it appears in the Port list and all is well.  The Blink program downloads and runs.

However with the USB cable connected to power (but not connected to the computer) the Port: list has /dev/cu/Bluetooth.-incoming-port as the only bluetooth option and I can't communicate with the board.   The other port options are /dev/cu.MALS and /dev/cu.SOC.

The last part of the compile/upload dialog is:

Forcing reset using 1200bps open/close on port /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port
 PORTS {/dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port, /dev/cu.MALS, /dev/cu.SOC, /dev/tty.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port, /dev/tty.MALS, /dev/tty.SOC, }         the latter is repeated many times

Then:

An error occurred while uploading the sketch
No device found on cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port
Set binary mode
Send auto-baud
Set binary mode
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

On the Macintosh under system preferences, Network there is an entry for Bluetooth PAN ("not connected"), but no other bluetooth devices.

How do I communicate with the board via Bluetooth?

timalexander

My error.
I had thought that the IOT board could directly communicate with the IDE (and be programmed) over Bluetooth rather than needing the usual USB serial interface. It doesn't, but on programming via the USB serial all works fine.

Go Up