Go Down

Topic: Sound low on big piezzo with TIP122 (Read 128 times) previous topic - next topic

maxou51100

Hi,

I start with the electronics. I would like to control a buzzer with a mosfet P30N06LE on an arduino. The sound is really very low. How to get a powerful sound.

Thank for reply :)

raschemmel

How to get a powerful sound.

Easy, just buy a more powerful piezo .
Arduino UNOs, Pro-Minis, ATMega328, ATtiny85, LCDs, MCP4162, keypads,<br />DS18B20s,74c922,nRF24L01, RS232, SD card, RC fixed wing, quadcopter

DVDdoug

Aug 19, 2019, 09:52 pm Last Edit: Aug 19, 2019, 10:01 pm by DVDdoug
Try adding a "pull-up" resistor in parallel with the piezo (maybe ~1K).

BTW - Your schematic shows a transistor, not a MOSFET, so hopefully it's wired correctly.

The frequency matters.   Piezos are not good at low frequencies.   They tend to be most-efficient around 2kHz, which coincidentally is around the maximum sensitivity of human hearing.

A Piezo Horn Tweeter would (probably) be louder.   

Higher voltage will make it louder.   Double the voltage is +6dB louder (4 times the wattage).    An H-driver will double the (peak-to-peak) voltage with the same power supply.

MarkT

Piezo elements are capacitors and require push-pull drive, not single ended, as they do not conduct DC.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Go Up