Firmata Standard on Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense

Hi there!

I was wondering if anyone had experience with this new Nano 33 and the Firmata Standard Sketch yet.
When I try to upload it to the board I get this error message:

Servo claims to run on (avr, megaavr, sam, samd, nrf52, stm32f4) architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on (mbed) architecture(s).
In file included from /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/libraries/Firmata/examples/StandardFirmata/StandardFirmata.ino:26:0:
/Users/lsdl/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Servo/src/Servo.h:75:2: error: #error "This library only supports boards with an AVR, SAM, SAMD, NRF52 or STM32F4 processor."
 #error "This library only supports boards with an AVR, SAM, SAMD, NRF52 or STM32F4 processor."
  ^~~~~
In file included from /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/libraries/Firmata/src/Firmata.h:17:0,
                 from /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/libraries/Firmata/examples/StandardFirmata/StandardFirmata.ino:28:
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/libraries/Firmata/src/Boards.h:856:2: error: #error "Please edit Boards.h with a hardware abstraction for this board"
 #error "Please edit Boards.h with a hardware abstraction for this board"
  ^~~~~
Multiple libraries were found for "Servo.h"
 Used: /Users/lsdl/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Servo
 Not used: /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/libraries/Servo
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Nano 33 BLE.

Since the board is so new, do I need to wait until the other relevant libraries are updated for the Nano 33?

I'm pretty new to this, so if you would have any pointers that would be great, thx!!

It's possible that the Servo library already works with the Nano 33 BLE Sense, since that board uses a nRF52 microcontroller and there is support in the Servo library for nRF52 architecture (though it was not added specifically for the Nano 33 BLE so this is uncertain).

If you want to try the Servo library, open /Users/lsdl/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Servo/src/Servo.h in a text editor and change line 70 from:

#elif defined(ARDUINO_ARCH_NRF52)

to:

#elif defined(ARDUINO_ARCH_NRF52) || defines(ARDUINO_ARCH_MBED)

As for the Firmata library, you'd need to take a look at the contents of /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/libraries/Firmata/src/Boards.h to see what sort of code would need to be added. The issue with the Servo library will certainly be resolved by Arduino in the near future, but the Firmata library is maintained by a 3rd party and I don't know how actively they are developing that library.

I am having the same issue:
i am not able to use the servo library with Arduino nano 33 ble sense.

i've tried the suggested change in Servo.h but doesn't work