Go Down

Topic: Small bug in Forum software? (Read 377 times) previous topic - next topic

Robin2

Aug 23, 2019, 10:15 am Last Edit: Aug 23, 2019, 10:16 am by Robin2
A few times recently I have noticed a flaw in the screen presentation.

It seems that the text that should be on the right (note the blank space) is somehow appearing on the left through the gap in between two lines.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Robin2

The whole design of this forum is a mess,
If you wish to have a general rant about the Forum please start your own Thread.

I started this one to point out a very specific issue.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

GaryP

Sorry about that! I didn't think it over, and I just clear my rant away.

Cheers,
Kari

The only law for me; Ohms Law: U=R*I       P=U*I
Note to self: "Damn! Why don't you just fix it!!!"

ballscrewbob

Cannot be 100% sure Robin but have also seen what I consider line spacing issues.
In my case it tends to be with reply's which sometimes seem to be more than a single return but less than a double return.

Cannot say if it 100% related and I just figured they were playing with readability for noobs who don't use line spacing.

Bob.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

cattledog

It seems that the text that should be on the right (note the blank space) is somehow appearing on the left through the gap in between two lines.
It appears to be with postings from TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL.

I assume the user name is too long.

Is guess this is a good time to ask what forum misfortune happened to AWOL?

Coding Badly

Aug 26, 2019, 07:56 am Last Edit: Aug 26, 2019, 07:57 am by Coding Badly
It is.  It's spooky.

I assume the user name is too long.
I don't think that's it.  I recall longer user names that did not have that affect.

Is guess this is a good time to ask what forum misfortune happened to AWOL?
He was a bad bad boy.   :smiley-evil:

(And, if you believe that, I have some majictonium for sale that you won't be able to resist.)

cattledog

If you put your cursor on the fragments of print which appear in the gap, and click, then the reply post from TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL appears.

I guess the mangled placement is either the user name length, or more of the punishment meted out to the "bad bad boy"  :)

Coding Badly

Aug 29, 2019, 02:32 am Last Edit: Aug 29, 2019, 02:33 am by Coding Badly

Yup.  It's triggered by width / flow.  ~28 characters "fits".  If there are any more characters then the entire (div) box flows down left where its obscured by the next line.

But, that does not preclude it being a deliberate act to mess with our "new" member.   :smiley-twist:

Go Up