Go Down

Topic: Arduino proto shield help (Read 257 times) previous topic - next topic

soul1974

Aug 22, 2019, 05:13 pm Last Edit: Aug 22, 2019, 05:25 pm by soul1974
Hi

I am very new to this and Arduino and would like to apologize if this is in the wrong section.

I recently got a Arduino proto shield kit as a gift but cannot find any information on component layout.

If anyone could assist me i would highly appreciate it.

Regards to all.

pert

It's not clear to me what information you are looking for. Please be specific.

On the part of the shield that is a grid of plated through holes, each hole is not electrically connected to any other hole. If you want to make connections between them, you need to make solder bridges. Although when you don't want solder bridges, they are quite easy to make, when you are intentionally trying to create them in this situation, it's surprisingly difficult. With enough practice, you'll get it though. I have found that the temperature of the soldering iron is very important. Make sure it's not set too hot.

There is one section of the through hole grid part of the shield that is special. This is the  2x3 section on the right edge, halfway down. That is the ICSP header. There are some traces on the PCB leading off those holes to connect them to other parts of the board.

There are also some holes that are clearly linked electrically by exposed strips of trace. There is one for each of the pins on your Arduino board. There is also a section of them at the bottom left corner of the shield. That section is well suited for a DIP package IC. The vertical stripes in the middle provide a power bus.

Above that, there is the footprint for a SOIC package IC. If you look closely, you can see the PCB traces that connect each pad of that footprint to a plated through hole.

Nikosant03

I recently got an Arduino proto shield kit as a gift but cannot find any information on the component layout.
Hi, you won't find any information about the components layout. This is a proto shielding intended to designing your own circuits. Design your idea and then use the protoboard's layout to implement your circuit  :D

However, there is some guidance on the protoboard itself identifying WHERE should you solder some of your components such as digital, analogue, ICSP, Vcc, GND pin headers

Also, there are some projects available like this one

Good luck

Go Up