Go Down

Topic: Multiple DS18B20 Temperature Sensors on one bus (Read 123589 times) previous topic - next topic

Nick_Pyner

Nov 03, 2018, 02:19 am Last Edit: Nov 03, 2018, 02:21 am by Nick_Pyner
Good - and at least you have something that works. I guess the how can wait, and that will show up eventually.

vangalvin

I love these sensors with only one exception. Each sensor has its own ID and I have a project that has 60+ sensors in a chain. There are destined to be 10 chains so thats some 600 sensors. lol... luckily each chain has its own ESP. however that a lot of sensors and once the chains are built I then need to record the ID of each and every sensor :/

At present I am deciding if I should store the ID on the Arduino in a table and assign a number to it from top to bottom so as to reduce the logging overhead. To make life even harder the supplier has not supplied the sensors on a strip so the numbering is not incremental.

There is a small temptation to write a routine that allows me to sort the sensors so when they are installed they can be inserted in the chain from the lowest number to the highest.

Any one else have any great ideas as to how to handle this?

Oh and to make matters more interesting when the units are deployed if they cant fit all the sensors they will just cut off the excess so a chain may end up truncated to between 30 ~ 60 sensors then the excess will be used on the next chain.

Nick_Pyner

I love these sensors with only one exception. Each sensor has its own ID

Any one else have any great ideas as to how to handle this?
One possibility is that you start with coming to terms with the individual addresses being more an asset than a liabilty.

vangalvin

One possibility is that you start with coming to terms with the individual addresses being more an asset than a liabilty.
lol. there are up to 30 chains being deployed in this project. The big bonus is that recording each one's ID is going to allow for quility control at the same time :)

kslfarms

Okay, I got the principal of setting multiple Dallas DS18b20 up with my Arduino. Now my question: how can I Display the readings on my pc in a drawing of the Sensor location?

Info: this is for 8 geothermal wells, 100 m deep, one sensor every 10 m =168 (one at the bottom, then one on every leg, cold & warm pipe)

Thanks, Joerg

Nick_Pyner

Okay, I got the principal of setting multiple Dallas DS18b20 up with my Arduino. Now my question: how can I Display the readings on my pc in a drawing of the Sensor location?
By paying somebody a motza to write a graphics programme that does this. It may be doable in HTML, or even Excel. The gigs and collaboration forum may be worth a look.

Go Up