Go Down

Topic: Arduino spectrum analyser led!! (Read 435 times) previous topic - next topic

silence00

So I want to know if I can connect a headphone jack to an arduino to run sound into a spectrum analyser instead of a mic and how would I go about doing this? I want it to work so if Im playing a game with speakers its comes on and if I using a headset if still works even if there is no external noise

uc browser shareit appvn

septillion

Yeah, possible.

If you want more details, you have to give more details first ;) What have you tried for example?
Use fricking code tags!!!!
I want x => I would like x, I need help => I would like help, Need fast => Go and pay someone to do the job...

NEW Library to make fading leds a piece of cake
https://github.com/septillion-git/FadeLed

PaulRB

Aug 29, 2019, 08:01 am Last Edit: Aug 29, 2019, 08:06 am by PaulRB
You must not connect an audio line directly to an Arduino analog pin. It will damage the pin, because an audio signal is ac, so half the waveform is negative. The analog inputs are DC and will be damaged by the negative voltages.

One way to do this is with an msgeq7 chip (maybe 2 left and right channels). This chip can have the audio signal connected directly to it and it analyses the audio in 7 frequency bands and reports the volume in each band to the arduino.

Idahowalker

Another item to consider is a DFRobot Audio Analyzer. Works good.

PaulRB

Another item to consider is a DFRobot Audio Analyzer.
Same thing - it contains exactly the chip I was talking about.

3Dgeo

Aug 30, 2019, 11:34 am Last Edit: Aug 31, 2019, 02:47 am by 3Dgeo
How about using two opamps? Similar to this video (from 4:20)

Opamps are way cheaper, tho more coding will be required.

jremington

opamps, short for "operational amplifier".

Go Up