Go Down

Topic: object detect (Read 422 times) previous topic - next topic

Gates

Aug 31, 2019, 01:39 pm Last Edit: Aug 31, 2019, 01:42 pm by Gates
I am trying to configure this circuit to give an object a three dimensional co ordinates. I need a hand with sensing side ways movement applied to the tip of the probe.

wvmarle

I think you need to tell us a helluvalot more as I have no clue of what you're talking about. Sensor? Object? Coordinates? Circuit with unspecified inputs? Why 2 inputs for 3 dimensions? What movement? Probe? Tip?
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

zwieblum

@gates. do you know what that thing actually is and how it is used?

jremington

Aug 31, 2019, 07:44 pm Last Edit: Aug 31, 2019, 07:45 pm by jremington
I am trying to configure this circuit to give an object a three dimensional co ordinates

Not possible.

MarkT

The circuit is an instrumentation amp with ~700Hz low-pass action, gain of 45 and with a buffered reference input (top section).  The two resistors in series on the reference input are mysterious.  Such a circuit could
be used to present a +/-50mV differential signal to an Arduino analog input, for instance.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Gates

I was thinking of a circuit like this for a 3D digital probe for CNC.

Paul_KD7HB

IF your object is electrically conductive, then you only need to know when you touch the object. IF the object is non-conductive, then use a microswitch to detect contact with the object.

ALL the rest is software in your CNC machine.

Paul

zwieblum

@Gates: I was asking you, if you knew what that circuit was all about. I take your anser as "NO". I also Think that you do not know anything about CNC. Am I correct?

Gates

I do know what it does. Its in a book named "Practial Arduino" as a water tank senor.

Gates

Sep 01, 2019, 12:09 pm Last Edit: Sep 01, 2019, 12:22 pm by Gates
Here is the next way I am looking at.

@zwieblum Well I have no problem building a CNC. I have a problem with getting accurate positioning. BTW what experience do you have with any type of Computer Numeric Control systems?

zwieblum

I equip schools with CNC machines and LinuxCNC :)

wvmarle

I do know what it does. Its in a book named "Practial Arduino" as a water tank senor.
What makes you think a "water tank sensor" (you didn't even specify what exactly it senses - the presence of the tank or so?) has any relationship with getting 3D coordinates for a CNC machine?
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

Gates

relativity to pressure applied to the sensors tip when it touches the surface.

wvmarle

relativity to pressure applied to the sensors tip when it touches the surface.
These remarks start to make less and less sense.

Are you trying to get help with something or just trolling? I more and more have the feeling it's the second.

Gates

Sep 01, 2019, 01:34 pm Last Edit: Sep 01, 2019, 01:40 pm by Gates
If you have ever played around with a CNC, you would know that it can be possible to go past your work area.  The task that I am trying to achieve is to locate all objects with some precision within a calibration library.

So say your all objects aren't the material you set your probe for...wouldn't you what to test the surface that a probe is currently above.

Go Up