Go Down

Topic: Make a Keyboard out of buttons (Read 654 times) previous topic - next topic

hpagseddy

Hello, i am pretty new to this forum but i bought my arduino years ago :) But thats not about my problem so here is the main topic, i want to make a keyboard with buttons for my arduino to interact with Tinybasic but i have no idea how to do that so i am seeking for your help. The model i want to use this keyboard is the UNO model if that helps.

Thanks

larryd

"keyboard with buttons"

What does this mean, do you mean a matrix 'keypad' ?

No technical PMs.
If you are asked a question, please respond with an answer.
If you are asked for more information, please supply it.
If you need clarification, ask for help.

hpagseddy

Sep 02, 2019, 09:40 pm Last Edit: Sep 02, 2019, 09:43 pm by hpagseddy
"keyboard with buttons"

What does this mean, do you mean a matrix 'keypad' ?

no, a qwerty keyboard

raschemmel

Sep 02, 2019, 09:57 pm Last Edit: Sep 02, 2019, 09:58 pm by raschemmel
For WHAT purpose ?

(just when you thought you had seen everything...)

hpagseddy

For WHAT purpose ?

(just when you thought you had seen everything...)

i already told it at the first post that i will use it to interact with TinyBasic

raschemmel

Sep 02, 2019, 10:15 pm Last Edit: Sep 02, 2019, 10:19 pm by raschemmel
"keyboard" is a generic term. You have to be specific and specify whether it is serial output or parallel output and whether it is standard ASCII or some other key mapping.
You also need to specify how you expected to connect it.
Did you Google this topic ? (did you research to find out how the interpreter interacts with the user ?)

hpagseddy

Sep 02, 2019, 10:26 pm Last Edit: Sep 02, 2019, 10:28 pm by hpagseddy
"keyboard" is a generic term. You have to be specific and specify whether it is serial output or parallel output and whether it is standard ASCII or some other key mapping.
You also need to specify how you expected to connect it.
Did you Google this topic ? (did you research to find out how the interpreter interacts with the user ?)
Yes of course i did research it before asking here. I saw there as the last step all time. The video that you sent is only uses Serial port which i will use an LCD and Keyboard to make a standalone machine. Here you can see there is some  kind of product that i am trying to make with an Arduino https://booth.pm/ja/items/1134643. The only difference will be that i will use an 5110 display for output but the keyboard will remain same. You can see another product here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZOwflpJq4U

raschemmel

So what do you want from is if YOU ARE the DESIGNER ?

hpagseddy

So what do you want from is if YOU ARE the DESIGNER ?
i am not the designer, i just want to learn how to make it work

raschemmel

Sep 02, 2019, 10:47 pm Last Edit: Sep 02, 2019, 11:07 pm by raschemmel
You mean you want us to design it ?

(meaning you have nothing . (no schematic,
no code, just a couple of web links and  the Arduino  forum link ?)

What EXACTLY are you expecting from us ?
You've seen the links about it . What do you need to know that they didn't cover.

YOU:
Here you can see there is some  kind of product that i am trying to make with an Arduino https://booth.pm/ja/items/1134643.
So, what's the problem ?

Hello, i am pretty new to this forum  
Don't you think that's a bit of understatement considering that all five of your posts in your arduino career occurred today asking about this project ?

Walk me through how you see this working , exactly ...

hpagseddy

(meaning you have nothing . (no schematic,
no code, just a couple of web links and  the Arduino  forum link ?)

What EXACTLY are you expecting from us ?
You've seen the links about it . What do you need to know that they didn't cover.

YOU:
So, what's the problem ?
ok here is the code https://github.com/BleuLlama/TinyBasicPlus/blob/master/TinyBasicPlus/TinyBasicPlus.ino i want to add keyboard functionality to that code

raschemmel

Sep 02, 2019, 11:09 pm Last Edit: Sep 02, 2019, 11:11 pm by raschemmel
Software's not my bag.
Talk to me about hardware.
What are you expecting from us exactly ?
I'm still not getting it. Why don't you spell it out for us...

hpagseddy

Software's not my bag.
Talk to me about hardware.
What are you expecting from us exactly ?
I'm still not getting it. Why don't you spell it out for us...
I am still not sure how you are not getting it still but i will say it again. If you want to work about hardware here it is. I want to make a qwerty keyboard that will make me input to Tinybasic on Arduino UNO. How can i tell it in a more simple way?

raschemmel

Sep 02, 2019, 11:21 pm Last Edit: Sep 02, 2019, 11:24 pm by raschemmel
So we're back to this:
Have I got it right now ?

So you think that if you need something designed you just log onto the forum and they'll do it for you.
Is that about right ?

I don't see that happening.
Good luck with that.

Here you can see there is some  kind of product that i am trying to make with an Arduino https://booth.pm/ja/items/1134643. 
If it's a product then why not just buy it. Wouldn't be a whole lot easier ?

hpagseddy

So we're back to this:
Have I got it right now ?

So you think that if you need something designed you just log onto the forum and they'll do it for you.
Is that about right ?

I don't see that happening.
Good luck with that.

If it's a product then why not just buy it. Wouldn't be a whole lot easier ?
Ok i think you are just trying to waste my time. I was already feeling that at the start but i said maybe he would help but of course not. If you are not willing to help, you can not reply to this thread anyways

Go Up