Go Down

Topic: Make a Keyboard out of buttons (Read 653 times) previous topic - next topic

raschemmel

Sep 02, 2019, 11:32 pm Last Edit: Sep 02, 2019, 11:35 pm by raschemmel
Ok i think you are just trying to waste my time. I was already feeling that at the start but i said maybe he would help but of course not. If you are not willing to help, you can not reply to this thread anyways
I don't think you understand where you are.
Let me explain how things work here on the forum.
You post your question.
We reply with questions.
You answer our questions.
We move on. (and hopefully , solve your problem)
I asked you a question.
Do  you , or do you not expect us to "design" this product (which obviously you could buy somewhere)
for you , yes , or no ?
It's a very simple question you have dodged several times now.
You're not going to get anywhere here until you answer that question.
If that's not good enough for you, you know what you can do.

hpagseddy

I don't think you understand where you are.
Let me explain how things work here on the forum.
You post your question.
We reply with questions.
You answer our questions.
We move on. (and hopefully , solve your problem)
I asked you a question.
Do  you , or do you not expect us to "design" this product (which obviously you could buy somewhere)
for you , yes , or no ?
It's a very simple question you have dodged several times now.
You're not going to get anywhere here until you answer that question.
If that's not good enough for you, you know what you can do.
yes, i need someone to design it since i am not good at that

raschemmel

Sep 02, 2019, 11:44 pm Last Edit: Sep 02, 2019, 11:44 pm by raschemmel
Well, thank you for answering that question.
Unfortunately, this is the General Electronics topic.
Here we help people with their circuits.
You don't have a circuit so we can't help you.
Come back with a schematic and we would be happy to answer your questions.
If you want something designed, the correct forum topic is Gigs and Collaborations, where you can pitch your project and request bids from the people who work for money.
Remember to have fun !

Any other questions ?

hpagseddy

No, thank you for your kind answer.

steve1001

Hey, Raschemmel, take a chill pill.

raschemmel

@Steve1001,
Really, ok, you design the OP's project then.
That's on you now. Your up. Go to it.

steve1001

Rachemel
I can't help the guy out, as I don't have the skills that you guys have.
I could maybe point him in the direction of PS2 keyboard interfacing with TinyBasic, of which there seems to be quite a few examples by searching the internet for 'arduino tiny basic keyboard interface' i.e. https://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-Basic-PC-With-VGA-Output/
Maybe he needs to contact those makers that have got the retro computer up and running.

There is no reason for you to talk to that guy in the awful way that you have done. Reread you postings and you'll see your manner just plain sucks, big time. Chill out man.

raschemmel

Sep 04, 2019, 05:14 pm Last Edit: Sep 04, 2019, 05:51 pm by raschemmel
That's because I can spot a freeloader a mile away. You knew what he trying to do too. You don't see anything wrong with hom asking us to design his product for free ?

You don't see any deception in saying "I'm just trying to make it work " when you really mean "I'm just trying to trick you into designing it for me." ?

The honest thing to do would be start the post
with "Can you please design this circuit for me ?"

raymw

raschemmel - loved your replies. and your perseverance.

raschemmel

Sep 05, 2019, 12:09 am Last Edit: Sep 05, 2019, 01:56 am by raschemmel
Here you can see there is some  kind of product that i am trying to make with an Arduino https://booth.pm/ja/items/1134643. The only difference will be that i will use an 5110 display for output but the keyboard will remain same
@OP,
If that's the keyboard you want to use, why are you asking us ?

Why don't you go ask the person that designed the keyboard you want to use to design your keyboard
and while they're at it , to change the design to accomodate the  display ?

Doesn't that make more sense ?

You're barking up the wrong tree.

Paul__B

Sep 05, 2019, 10:58 am Last Edit: Sep 05, 2019, 10:59 am by Paul__B
Ok i think you are just trying to waste my time.
Actually, most of those who did not reply to you felt that you were wasting our time, or Raschemmel's.  But we hold no grudges (usually).  :smiley-roll:

The general points are:
  • "Make a Keyboard out of buttons" is an absurd waste of time, especially if what you want is a "Qwerty" or PC-style keyboard. You should be able to pick up a PS/2 keyboard at a "thrift shop" for $1, or have someone give it to you.  It already contains a microcontroller to do its job and there is - as steve1001 points out, library code to interface it with an Arduino.
  • While you almost described your project in the first post, the detail regarding a complete "Qwerty" requirement was omitted, so it took another four posts to winkle that out of you.
  • This is a seriously impractical project.  Yes, it has some "retro" elegance but is clearly not actually useful.  That means it is for your own entertainment.  The effort you may expect others to put into such a project is rather limited; if you are the only one that will be entertained by and learn from it, then it really is your job to do all the research, all the work.
  • When it is adequately explained, we are happy to direct you in your choices and resources and help with little details.  But if you want large chunks done for you, either you are lucky to locate a kindred spirit with exactly the same quest, or you just might have to pay for it.  See the point above.
  • We do tend to resile with working on incompetently written code published in other places, "instructables" in particular.  :smiley-lol:
  • It is true that an Arduino is more powerful than many of the first generation computers running BASIC.  I did extensive work on BASIC for the 6809 microprocessor.  It didn't however get me anywhere apart from developing skills.  :smiley-roll:

Go Up