Go Down

Topic: 48v to 12v dc converter (Read 316 times) previous topic - next topic

MarkT

I can imagine linear regulators built into a strip, not DC-DC converters.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

wvmarle

From the Chinglish datasheet of the WS2812b:

Also include a precision internal oscillator and a 12V voltage programmable constant current control part, effectively ensuring the pixel point light color height consistent.
This sounds like a constant current supply AND a boost converter (supply voltage is 5V, here they appear to say the constant current supply runs at 12V) built into each LED?!
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

MarkT

Sep 11, 2019, 07:00 pm Last Edit: Sep 11, 2019, 07:01 pm by MarkT
Also include a precision internal oscillator and a 12V voltage programmable constant current control part, effectively ensuring the pixel point light color height consistent.
I think that means each chip has an undocumented program option to correct for LED variations - this 12V is definitely not in normal use, I expect this is done once on manufacture - they are just boasting that they get better consistency of brightness than the LED dies they incorporate into the thing.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Qdeathstar

Sep 11, 2019, 08:23 pm Last Edit: Sep 11, 2019, 08:24 pm by Qdeathstar
@markT I am not sure what it had exactly but a linear regulator to drop from 12v to 5v at high current seems unlikely. (To work).. I think they had one every meter and the strip was about twice has wide...
A creaking creeping shadow
stiff against the freezing fog
glares at a tickless watch.

Time has failed him -- all things shall pass.

Go Up