Go Down

Topic: 5A Buck converter  (Read 275 times) previous topic - next topic

duinoMike

DC-DC Adjustable Buck Step down Converter Voltage Module 4V-38V to 1.25V-36V

wvmarle

Link works for me. I only see an IN+, IN-, OUT+ and OUT- on those photos. No other solder points or markings.

OP do go and read your own question imagining you now NOTHING at all about the module in question. Do you think you would have any chance of giving an informed answer?

Now think of what information could possibly be of use to answer this question, and post it. All of it, and the rest as well.

And do remember to derate such cheap no-brand modules generously.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

duinoMike

I stated that the solder points are on the underside of the module. They are not visible from the top.

OP do go and read your own question imagining you now NOTHING at all about the module in question. Do you think you would have any chance of giving an informed answer?
The question is directed at someone who may have worked with a similar module that takes data input.

MarkT

With practically no details of the module there's nothing to tell.

It has some chip we can't identify and has some markings we can't see because that website doesn't show them
and you haven't posted a picture.

Currently you are the only one in a position to begin to answer the question...
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

wvmarle

The question is directed at someone who may have worked with a similar module that takes data input.
When something is "similar" it is not relevant - it may work the same way, it may work in a totally different way. We need to know which exact one.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

jremington

How are these connections used?
Why do you care?

duinoMike

I'm hoping they are for digital control of the module.

Here is a pic of the underside of the module. Hope this helps.

I took off the pot. May replace with digital pot. Still would like to know what the connections are for.

jremington

Sep 11, 2019, 06:14 pm Last Edit: Sep 11, 2019, 06:14 pm by jremington
Information about those pinouts may or may not be in the mystery chip data sheet.

MarkT

Sep 11, 2019, 06:27 pm Last Edit: Sep 11, 2019, 06:29 pm by MarkT
Well that's clearly nothing like the module pictured in the link you posted originally - perhaps a picture of the front as well would be in order?  Any part numbers on the chips too, often they are illegible in photos.

Rather than wait for us to ask for details, please post all the details up front, its much more productive.

My guess is, from searching for that SKU number, this is a converter with a display, and the microcontroller driving the display has some pins pulled out for programming purposes.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

duinoMike

My apologies, I posted the wrong link.
This is the buck in question.

The unit on the website does not have the solder connections on the bottom that I have otherwise its identical.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VWL41TM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

jremington

Sep 11, 2019, 09:08 pm Last Edit: Sep 11, 2019, 09:09 pm by jremington
It would be a stretch to call the bottom views of the two boards (replies #8 and #11) "similar".

wvmarle

My apologies, I posted the wrong link.
This is the buck in question.
Doesn't match the photo you posted before.

Why don't you tell us what you REALLY have and stop wasting our time? Starting by the question posted a few times before: what's the actual number printed on the main chip?

Go Up