Go Down

Topic: back up time 1-2 seconds for ardunio uno  (Read 330 times) previous topic - next topic

MarkT

You also need to check what the power consumption is while writing EEPROM - this will be more than
normal as the on-chip inverter has to be powered up to generate programming voltages.  If the chip
runs for 0.17s on 470uF normally, it might not while actively writing EEPROM.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

septillion

@Smajdalf, missed that. But I guess you have to write your own routine for that I guess?

But, we need a mechanism to inform the MCU that there is a failure in the DC power system and then the MCU will save the critical data into its internal EEPROM. The posted circuit is not the only available design, there could be and there are many alternatives in the web some of which are not less complicated than the posted one.
Correct. But how about 100k to an interrupt pin :) Or, if you want to have a bit more control, a voltage divider in that order of magnitude :)

@MarkT You are correct, I should repeat the rests while doing some writing once
Use fricking code tags!!!!
I want x => I would like x, I need help => I would like help, Need fast => Go and pay someone to do the job...

NEW Library to make fading leds a piece of cake
https://github.com/septillion-git/FadeLed

alio1984

Hey all,

The result is possitive! as i think swich mode power say has a  few capacitors on output of DC. When the main power is off, ardunio is going to work for 2-3 seconds and the eeprom can record!

Thanks a lot for your help
Ali     

GolamMostafa

Sep 12, 2019, 07:48 pm Last Edit: Sep 12, 2019, 07:48 pm by GolamMostafa
Hey all,

The result is possitive! as i think swich mode power say has a  few capacitors on output of DC. When the main power is off, ardunio is going to work for 2-3 seconds and the eeprom can record!
What mechanism have you employed to inform the Arduino/MCU about power failure? Are you detecting the zero crossings of the mains or detecting DC power failure? If possible, post the circuits.

alio1984

i follow the output of 12V DC power with simple voltage divider from Analog input.  I took the wrong measurement first. I solved the noise problem with a few diodes( for relay bobins) and 100nf capacitors (for voltage divider)

Go Up