Go Down

Topic: trouble searching arduino foam (Read 249 times) previous topic - next topic

tommy3toes

Every time i use the search bar on this arduino website is takes me to google instead. How do i fix this?

pert

That's how it's intended to work. It does a google search that's limited to the Arduino Forum. There's no way for you to fix it.

Robin2

If you don't like Google you can do the same search directly with DuckDuckGo by including site:arduino.cc in the search term. I presume other search engines have a similar feature.
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Riva

My problem is Google seems to default to returning WML links that Firefox just tries to download when clicked.
Don't PM me for help as I will ignore it.

TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL

What sort of foam are you searching for?

Riva

pert

My problem is Google seems to default to returning WML links that Firefox just tries to download when clicked.
Isn't that annoying? Apparently something is horribly misconfigured with the Arduino forum software. I've never encountered these sorts of links from any other website. The workaround is to copy the URL from the Google search results listing and remove the ;wap from the end of the URL.

Riva

Isn't that annoying? Apparently something is horribly misconfigured with the Arduino forum software. I've never encountered these sorts of links from any other website. The workaround is to copy the URL from the Google search results listing and remove the ;wap from the end of the URL.
misconfigured, never, the forum software is the best thing since a loaf of bread.  :)

I use the workaround when I can be bothered but sometimes life is just to short.

ballscrewbob

Even odder I see the WAP links LAST after the regular links ?!?!?

Bob.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Riva

Even odder I see the WAP links LAST after the regular links ?!?!?
If I had that problem I would be happy  >:(

Go Up