Go Down

Topic: Low-cost way to control multiple RGB LED's (Read 241 times) previous topic - next topic

Elby

I'm working on a project to separately control up to 24 individual RGB LED's from an Uno.  I notice that Adafruit has a 24-channel PWM breakout board, that I think does what I want.  But I would need 3 of these boards, at a cost of $45; I'm hoping to produce a number of these, so want to keep the cost down.  Is there a better solution?  Thanks!

TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL

PaulRB

Sep 14, 2019, 06:19 pm Last Edit: Sep 15, 2019, 11:12 am by PaulRB
These ws2812b are less than 5p 10p each!

Paul__B

I dispute your calculation.  I make it about 9p each in a lot of 50.  :smiley-roll:

But not bad!  :smiley-lol:

PaulRB

Sep 15, 2019, 11:10 am Last Edit: Sep 15, 2019, 11:13 am by PaulRB
Thanks Paul!

If the OP wants conventional shape 5mm or 8mm LEDs, these apa106 are compatible with the NeoPixel and FastLED libraries and are less than 30p each.

Paul__B

If the OP wants conventional shape 5mm or 8mm LEDs, these apa106 are compatible with the NeoPixel and FastLED libraries and are less than 30p each.
If you buy 100.  :smiley-roll:

Of course, with all this eBay research, I just had to go and buy/ order 20 of the mounted WS2812s with the capacitor and resistor on the little round board.  I gather that the "750" - 75 Ohm - resistor is indeed, in series with data in.

And then I had a major archaeological dig through my two most "current" eBay bin/ boxes to find some "tact"-type switches to repair someone's garage remote, a car remote and one of my studfinders,  In the process I came across a couple of WS2812 tapes, so I really must find a good excuse to play with them.  :smiley-lol:

Go Up