Go Down

Topic: Error uploading boot loader to Atmega 328p  (Read 193 times) previous topic - next topic

sashvat

Hi guys, I was interested in making a standalone Arduino on a breadboard to make my projects smaller, and bought an Atmega 328p chip with crystals and 22pF caps for it. I am not able to upload the boot loader to it and there's some error that is coming, this is the link I followed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g90xb0nNX50)

Also another question, I want to start using Atmel studio 7 to program this Atmega 328p, now because I have burnt the Arduino boot loader into it, will I have problems when uploading code I write on Atmel studio because I have burnt Arduino boot loader onto it?

Thank you

pert

there's some error that is coming
Please do this:
  • (In the Arduino IDE) File > Preferences
  • Check the checkbox next to "Show verbose output during: upload
  • Click "OK"
  • Tools > Burn Bootloader
  • After the Burn Bootloader process fails, you'll see a button on the right side of the orange bar "Copy error messages". Click that button.
  • In a forum reply here, click on the reply field.
  • Click the </> button on the forum toolbar. This will add the forum's code tags markup to your reply.
  • Press "Ctrl + V". This will paste the Burn Bootloader output between the code tags.
  • Move the cursor outside of the code tags before you add any additional text to your reply.

pert

now because I have burnt the Arduino boot loader into it, will I have problems when uploading code I write on Atmel studio because I have burnt Arduino boot loader onto it?
No.

sashvat

Please do this:
  • (In the Arduino IDE) File > Preferences
  • Check the checkbox next to "Show verbose output during: upload
  • Click "OK"
  • Tools > Burn Bootloader
  • After the Burn Bootloader process fails, you'll see a button on the right side of the orange bar "Copy error messages". Click that button.
  • In a forum reply here, click on the reply field.
  • Click the </> button on the forum toolbar. This will add the forum's code tags markup to your reply.
  • Press "Ctrl + V". This will paste the Burn Bootloader output between the code tags.
  • Move the cursor outside of the code tags before you add any additional text to your reply.

thank you for the help, here is the error message I get-

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Mac OS X), TD: 1.46, Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

avrdude: stk500_getparm(): (a) protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x14

avrdude: stk500_getparm(): (a) protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x01
avrdude: stk500_initialize(): (a) protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x10
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
         Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
         this check.

avrdude: stk500_disable(): unknown response=0x12
Error while burning bootloader.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

pert

You forgot to turn on verbose output during upload.

Go Up