Go Down

Topic: MKR 1000, I2C, AWS and MQTT (Read 122 times) previous topic - next topic

enos1010321

I am working on a project where I have the following equipment:

MKR 1000 WIFI
I2C Temp/Pressure Sensor
I2C PH sensor

I am trying to send a message to AWS using MQTT. 

When I connect to MQTT, all I2C communication stop, there is no further polling of I2C (light on sensor stops indicating polling).

Does anyone know if there is a software issue with using MQTT communication and I2C communication with the MKR series? 

I can post code if someone would like to check, but it seems to be code independent and happens with either sensor connected independently. 

Thank you in advance! 

pylon

Does anyone know if there is a software issue with using MQTT communication and I2C communication with the MKR series?
The issue is most probably in your code. Post it (don't forget the code tags!) and post links to the used libraries. Also post links to the used hardware as well as links to the schematics of the used breakout boards.

enos1010321

The issue is most probably in your code. Post it (don't forget the code tags!) and post links to the used libraries. Also post links to the used hardware as well as links to the schematics of the used breakout boards.
Thank you for the reply, I believe I found the issue.  The ECCX08 chip uses the I2C bus and so once it is activated we are no longer able to access the I2C bus.  I found I need to do a Wire.begin(); before I call my I2C sensors again. 

Please see the link below talking about ECCX08 chip and the I2C bus:

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=606191.0

pylon

Please see the link below talking about ECCX08 chip and the I2C bus:
I haven't read the complete thread but I cannot find anything about hte ECCX08 blocking the I2C bus.

The ECCX08 chip uses the I2C bus and so once it is activated we are no longer able to access the I2C bus.
Bullshit. I2C is a bus, it's designed to access multiple devices and I haven't heard of a bug in the ECCX08 yet that would block the bus.

I found I need to do a Wire.begin(); before I call my I2C sensors again.
Why exactly? Where did you find that? Does it work?

Why didn't you provide the information I asked for?

Go Up