Go Down

Topic: Question about buying an MKR 1010 Wifi (SOLVED) (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

drewweber

Oct 22, 2019, 12:10 am Last Edit: Oct 23, 2019, 04:11 pm by ballscrewbob
I had a few questions and concerns before buying the MKR 1010 WiFi, first, is when i try and purchase the item from the site, it gives me a discount for the full amount of the device :

This set off a huge flag for me as why would they discount the full amount? I know there is a promotion going on when buying a yearly plan but I did not check or opt into any of these options.

My other question, is in regards to the postings on amazon. The link : Amazon Link

seems like an official board, and i simply wanted to make sure I would be able to use it with Arduino IoT Cloud.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my questions.

pert

first, is when i try and purchase the item from the site, it gives me a discount for the full amount of the device
Please contact Arduino Store Support via this form:
https://store.arduino.cc/store-support
They'll be the best people to tell you whether this is the expected behavior or whether there is an error that will cause your order to be rejected.

My other question, is in regards to the postings on amazon. The link : Amazon Link

seems like an official board, and i simply wanted to make sure I would be able to use it with Arduino IoT Cloud.
The seller, Makers' Things is listed as an official authorized distributor for Arduino:
https://store.arduino.cc/distributors
I think you can be confident when buying from any authorized distributor that you will receive an authentic Arduino product. This board will work just as well as the MKR WiFi 1010 you buy from the Arduino Store for use with the Arduino IoT Cloud.

It's definitely good to be cautious when buying "Arduino" boards online outside of the Arduino store. There are less outright counterfeits these days, but still plenty of boards that are actually manufactured by other companies. That's perfectly fine as long as they are respectful of the terms of Arduino's open source hardware license, but sometimes it's easy to get confused about what is an official Arduino product and what is a 3rd party product. When you buy 3rd party you will need to rely on the 3rd party's support if there is a problem, which may not be so great.

drewweber

Oct 22, 2019, 12:26 am Last Edit: Oct 22, 2019, 12:27 am by drewweber
Thank you for the fast reply! Contacted store support as well.
You may close the thread if you choose.

pert

You're welcome. I'm glad if I was able to be of assistance.
Per

Go Up