Go Down

Topic: [Solved] unwanted activation or deactivation (Read 323 times) previous topic - next topic

TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL

What is demotivating is your lack of detail.
I think I may have already mentioned this.

Show a schematic - don't make us imagine it.
What we imagine, and what is reality can make a huge difference.

You're a noob.
Noobs make assumptions and mistakes.

I assume you have a pulldown resistor on the switch (you told us you have a resistor, but that could just be the LED's current limiter), and you may have a resistor on the switch, but it's a series resistor or something else as inappropriate.

Until you show us, we simply don't know.

I still don't know what a "taster" is.
I suspect I've also mentioned that before.

I'm going to bed now.
Please don't PM technical questions - post them on the forum, then everyone benefits/suffers equally

Elaz1234

What is demotivating is your lack of detail.
I think I may have already mentioned this.

Show a schematic - don't make us imagine it.
What we imagine, and what is reality can make a huge difference.

You're a noob.
Noobs make assumptions and mistakes.

I assume you have a pulldown resistor on the switch (you told us you have a resistor, but that could just be the LED's current limiter), and you may have a resistor on the switch, but it's a series resistor or something else as inappropriate.

Until you show us, we simply don't know.

I still don't know what a "taster" is.
I suspect I've also mentioned that before.

I'm going to bed now.
I don't have switch connected to arduino, there is no switch, spikes of Voltage are activating my outputs when i turn the light in my house. There are 2 resistors and taster is push button (input). Now if you were nice and didn't insult me since beginning, maybe we would've solved this problem till now. I'm going to bed too now, you don't understand me and i don't need your help anymore since you're insulting. Bye

Wawa

I don't have switch connected to arduino, there is no switch...

There are 2 resistors and taster is push button (input).
A 'taster' (momentary push button) IS a switch.

You failed to give us the resistor values.
A circuit diagram IS important.
As is a clear picture if the setup/breadboard.

With the limited real information given I see two possibilities for your problem.
1) wrong resistor value on the button and/or bad breadboad/wiring.
2) poor quality USB charger (that lets mains power spikes through).

Did you try powering the Nano from the PC/laptop?
Leo..

Elaz1234

A 'taster' (momentary push button) IS a switch.

You failed to give us the resistor values.
A circuit diagram IS important.
As is a clear picture if the setup/breadboard.

With the limited real information given I see two possibilities for your problem.
1) wrong resistor value on the button and/or bad breadboad/wiring.
2) poor quality USB charger (that lets mains power spikes through).

Did you try powering the Nano from the PC/laptop?
Leo..
But it is working with capacitor. I posted my code, is everything right with it? Should input be defined as input_pullup ?

TomGeorge

Sep 24, 2019, 04:55 am Last Edit: Sep 24, 2019, 04:57 am by TomGeorge
Hi,
I know you are a noob, but back in post#2 I asked politely for a circuit diagram.

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

Can you post a picture of  your project please?

Please read my side bar.
<<<<================
Troubleshooting electronic devices is my profession, but even I need some basic information.
You have the project in front of you, not me.

Thanks..  Tom... :)
PS. Please do not refer to the other thread, if you have info in it that is relevant, place it in this thread.
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Wawa

Sep 24, 2019, 07:13 am Last Edit: Sep 24, 2019, 07:25 am by Wawa
Should input be defined as input_pullup ?
There are two ways to connect a button/switch to a pin.

1) Button between pin and 5volt (assuming 5volt Arduino).
Then you MUST add an external pull DOWN resistor (between pin and ground),
to prevent the pin from 'floating' when the button is NOT pushed (open switch).
A common value is 10k.
No setup() code needed, because a pin defaults to INPUT.
The pin is normally LOW (pulled low by the resistor), and HIGH when the button is pushed.

2) Button between pin and ground, with internal pull up enabled in pinMode.
pinMode(buttonPin, INPUT_PULLUP); // button between pin and ground, NO external resistors.
Inverted logic.
The pin is now normally HIGH, and LOW when the button is pushed.
Adjust the code for that.

In noisy electrical environments or with long wiring it could be needed to lower the pull up/down to 1k with an extra external resistor, and/or add a 10-100n cap from pin to ground.
Leo..

Now if you were nice and didn't insult me since beginning, maybe we would've solved this problem till now. I'm going to bed too now, you don't understand me and i don't need your help anymore since you're insulting. Bye
The only "insult" was that you are a time-waster.

It isn't an insult, it is an accurate description.

If you had bothered to read the stickies about how to use this forum, you'd have provided all the information needed, without having to be asked.

That's what being "nice" is about.
Please don't PM technical questions - post them on the forum, then everyone benefits/suffers equally

Elaz1234

The only "insult" was that you are a time-waster.

It isn't an insult, it is an accurate description.

If you had bothered to read the stickies about how to use this forum, you'd have provided all the information needed, without having to be asked.

That's what being "nice" is about.
Ok, please go away mister. You are repeating yourself and you bored me to death. I said i don't need you anymore - byeeeeee.

Wawa gave me useful information.

you bored me to death
Should I send flowers?

Elaz1234

Should I send flowers?
I see you have this attitude on other posts. You are making this community worse, probably you're not accepted in real life so you have to look down on people here and that is really sad. I solved my problem, and now you have to solve yours but I can't help you. Now stop spam, byee.

Go Up