Go Down

Topic: Harley or other motorcycle interface (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

gwill1010

I'm trying to build a prototype device for a buddy.  I want to monitor throttle and brake.  I really don't know where to start.  It seems like Harley is more documented, but maybe I'm not looking in the right spot.  Anyone know of a simple documented project to help me get started?

Thanks

Paul_KD7HB

I'm trying to build a prototype device for a buddy.  I want to monitor throttle and brake.  I really don't know where to start.  It seems like Harley is more documented, but maybe I'm not looking in the right spot.  Anyone know of a simple documented project to help me get started?

Thanks
Look in the service manuals!!!!

Paul

TriB

Look in the service manuals!!!!
And there it is described how to hack into the ECU or tachometer-bus? Interesting  :smiley-wink:

There is nothing at the ECU-Hacking Forum, which is always the first attempt for searching something like that.
But they lead to Magneti Marelli as the ECU manufacturer, which may give you a hint.
Tuning is possible as you can see here, so you will have another idea of connecting to the Harley´s ECU.

Personally, I only know about Denso ECU´s from Suzuki and Kawasaki, where are plenty of pages about here in this sub-forum.

Good luck!

AnteL0

Is it carbed or EFI? If it's EFI it may be fairly simple to get the throttle % but break % is much harder. If I was in your place I would check the output of the throttle position sensor when the motor is off, there is a very high chance it will just be a potentiometer or something similar

Go Up